3D Valentine Heart
Use Heartfelt Creations' innovative matching dies and stamp sets to create this incredible dimensional Valentine. The heart folds flat for mailing, then pops up to surprise the recipient.
3D Valentine Heart
- Heartfelt Creations Timeless Amour Paper Collection (HCDP1 228)
- Cream cardstock
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System
- Heartfelt Creations PreCut Stamp Sets: Passage To My Heart (HCP 3506), Timeless Sentiments (HCPC 3509), Mini Vintage Floret (HCPC 3502)
- Heartfelt Creations Dies: Vintage Floret (HCD 727), Timeless Amour (HCD 728)
- Tonic Studios Tim Holtz Paper Distresser
- Dark brown dye ink pad
- Markers: pink, green
- Crystal ultra-fine glitter
- McGill Paper Blossoms Tools: Molding Mat (159223), Tool Kit (459222)
- Art Institute Glitter Products: Metal Glue Tip (352854), Designer Dries Clear Glue (159723)
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue, glue gun and glue sticks
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, small alligator clips, sponge dauber
- 1. Size is 7"x5".
- 1. Cut 7"x5" panel from corner of floral Timeless Amour paper, cutting corner that features faded shutter image. Distress and sponge panel edges with dark brown ink.
- 2. Stamp brown sentiment at center right of panel.
- 3. Stamp dark brown flourish heart image onto cream cardstock; trace swirl lines with pink marker and color background leaves green. Die cut image.
- 4. To create rosebud and leaves, follow step-by-step tutorial at: http://youtu.be/wF0ka1vdK7Q.
- 5. Die cut five decorative hearts from dark burgundy Timeless Amour paper; fold each heart in half with burgundy side to center. To create dimensional 3D heart effect, view video at: http://youtu.be/NvaBTCCSXF4.
- 6. Fit Designer Dries Clear glue bottle with metal tip; accent stamped heart image, rosebud and leaves, and background paper as desired with glue, then sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- 7. Assemble card as shown in photo, gluing dimensional heart pop-up over stamped heart.
- 1. Use a fast-drying liquid glue to adhere heart pieces together for 3D embellishment; use small alligator clips to clamp pieces together while drying.