1. Trace card flaps onto dotted paper; cut out 1/8" inside traced lines on each edge. Adhere paper pieces to outside of flaps.
2. Cut and adhere 4"x5-1/4" robot paper piece to inside center of card. Cut two 1/4"x4" black cardstock strips; adhere first strip across robot paper 1-1/2" from bottom edge and second 1/2" above first strip.
3. Cut 2-5/8"x3-3/4" white cardstock piece and stamp sentiment near center top. Stamp heart row across bottom; color with various markers. Mat stamped piece on black cardstock and adhere to center of robot paper.
4. Cut 1-3/4"x3-3/4" white cardstock piece for robot panel. Stamp robot in center of panel. Following step-by-step tutorial, color and shade image with markers. Color ground area with green colored pencils; dip paper blending stump into turpenoid and use it to blend colored pencil down toward bottom edge.
5. Dot eyes and rivets down center of face and at ends of mouth with black glaze pen. Color over heart on chest with clear glaze pen. Using paper piercer, insert four brads through body rivets.
6. Mat robot panel on black cardstock. Cut 3/4"x9" black cardstock strip for band. Centering strip over closed card base, wrap/fold ends around card, overlapping edges at back. Remove card and glue band ends together. Slide card into band. Tie ribbon around band, knotting bow at left side.
7. Cut 2-1/8"x4-1/8" black cardstock piece. Insert cardstock between card and band, centering between left and right edges of card. Place foam dots in each corner of black piece and a dot of glue in center of ribbon. Adhere matted robot panel to center of black card stock piece.
1. If you like this card style, trace and cut your own template from a manila folder or lightweight cardboard to save money.
2. Robots make a wonderful birthday party theme for little guys! Carry the design through favor bags and decorations, too.
3. Not a stamper? Embellish center panel with a similar sticker or rub-on image.