Wee Memories Gift Set
size: album, 4-1/2"x6-1/4"; journal, 4-7/8"x5"
- Yellow gift bag, 8”x10-1/2”
- Blank journal, 4-7/8”x5” (The Dollar Store)
- Cardstock: White (Wausau); Lily Pond, African Daisy (Bazzill Basics)
- Papers: sage/yellow stripe (Colorbok); Baby/Words Shimmer Glitter (Heidi Grace)
- Transparency sheet
- Small pastel safety pin (Making Memories)
- White flat braid trim
- Ribbon: yellow/white gingham, 5/8”; sheer pastel rainbow stripe, 1-1/2”; green grosgrain, 3/8”
- Buttons: large white; small yellow, nine
- Photo, 3-1/16”x4-13/16”
- Stamps (Penny Black): Robust Uppercase, Lowercase Acrylic Alphabets; Toadily; Safari Friends; Roar; Bengal; Elephant Song; Longing; Lil’ Hippo
- Ink pads (Tsukineko): VersaFine Black Onyx; VersaColor Fresh Green
- Detail Clear embossing powder (Ranger)
- Acrylic paint: Adirondack Lemonade Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger); white
- Tombow markers (Tombow USA)
- Punches: Threading Water Border (Fiskars); Anywhere Hole Punch, 1/4” (Making Memories); Corner Rounder and 1” Circle (EK Success Ltd.)
- Detail scissors
- Heat tool
- Paper piercer and foam mat
- Craft knife and cutting mat
- Bone folder
- Small paintbrush
- Small foam brush
- Medium-weight cardboard or chipboard sheets
- Becky Higgins Creative Clips and Fonts CD, CK Fraternity font (Creating Keepsakes)
- Stickles Eucalyptus glitter glue (Ranger)
- Aleene’s Terrifically Tacky Glue (Duncan)
- Mod Podge découpage medium (Plaid)
- Tape: Scotch Brand Foam (3M); Wonder Tape (Suze Weinberg)
- Computer and printer
- Optional: Clear nail polish or anti-fray solution
- Gift Bag
- 1. Cut 5"x6 white card stock piece, 5-1/4"x6-1/4" green piece and 2-1/4"x8" striped paper piece. Punch border along one long edge of striped paper; adhere to top of bag. Adhere trim to top edge of strip and five yellow buttons along center.
- 2. Stamp giraffe, lion, tiger and bees with black ink; heat emboss with clear powder. Using photo as a guide, color images with markers using palette method; apply color from markers to a slick surface like wax paper or a plastic palette and transfer color with a damp paintbrush. Stamp green "Baby"; heat emboss clear. Accent word with glitter glue; let dry.
- 3. Cut short gingham ribbon length and knot at center; apply clear nail polish to ends to prevent fraying and let dry. Insert safety pin through knot and glue ribbon to white button. Glue button to stamped panel. Mat panel on green card stock and adhere to bag.
- 4. Tie rainbow ribbon to handle.
- 1. Cut two 3-7/8"x4-7/8" yellow cardstock pieces for outside covers; cut two 4-5/8"x4-7/8" pieces for inside covers. Cut 2-3/8"x5" striped paper strip for spine of journal. Cut 3"x3-3/8" white cardstock piece and 3-1/8"x3-1/2" green piece.
- 2. Paint journal edges Lemonade; let dry. Cut two 6" green ribbon lengths; glue one to front of front cover and one to back of back cover to create ties for journal.
- 3. Pierce border around edges of yellow front cover (smaller piece of card stock). Use Mod Podge to adhere outer and inner cover pieces to journal over ribbon ends.
- 4. Apply Mod Podge with foam brush to journal spine; adhere striped paper around spine. Adhere trim along edges of striped piece.
- 5. Using font CD, type and print "I will always remember. . . " on separate piece of white cardstock, leaving space between words. Cut out words and edge with green marker; adhere around edges of white cardstock piece cut in Step 1.
- 6. Stamp elephant on separate piece of white cardstock; heat emboss with clear powder. Using photo as a guide, color image with markers using palette method; see Gift Bag Step 2. Cut out image; adhere to white panel with foam tape.
- 7. Mat white cardstock on green; adhere to journal cover. Glue two yellow buttons to journal cover.
- Photo Album - Pages
- 1. Cut six 4-3/8"x6" cardboard pages for album. Cut two 4-1/2"x6-1/4" covers. Cut one 5/8"x6-1/4" spine. Cut one 3-7/8"x5-1/2" window cover. In addition, cut one 3-1/4"x5" window from transparency sheet.
- 2. Use punch to round corners of all six page inserts. Make light pencil marks along top long edge of each page at 1/2", 3" and 5-1/2" from one short end, 1/4" down from top edge. Punch hole at each mark.
- 3. Paint both sides of each insert with light coat of white paint; let dry. "Scuff" edges of all inserts with Lemonade paint; let dry.
- Album Cover
- 1. Round both corners on one long edge of front cover and back cover. Paint outside edges of covers and spine Lemonade; let dry.
- 2. Working on cutting mat with craft knife, cut a 2-3/4"x4-1/2" window from center of one cover piece.
- 3. Cut 6-3/4 facedown on work surface as shown in Fig. 1. Position covers and spine on patterned paper, leaving 1/8" "channel" between each piece. Trace pieces lightly with pencil to make positioning and gluing easier.
Fig. 1 Cover
- 4. Working on one piece at a time, apply Mod Podge to cardboard and press to paper. Smooth paper across each piece to eliminate bubbles. Be careful not to bend paper piece along channels.
- 5. Turn piece over so patterned paper is facing up. Cut two 1-3/4"x6-3/4" striped paper pieces; be sure stripes are lengthwise. Aligning edges, glue strips to each end of cover. Adhere trim along inner edge of each strip. Turn piece over again and trim excess paper from all four sides using craft knife; piece should measure approximately 6-1/4"x9-7/8".
- 6. Carefully cut an "X" through paper in window opening, using craft knife. Fold cut triangle shapes to inside of window; trim as needed and glue in place.
- 7. Cut second 6-3/4"x10-7/8" shimmer paper piece and place facedown on work surface. Place cover piece face up on top of larger paper piece, allowing 1/4" border all around. With pencil, lightly trace window opening onto patterned paper below. Remove cardboard cover piece and cut out window from second piece of paper. Mod Podge paper to inside of book cover, carefully lining up window openings. Trim excess paper. Tape transparency sheet over window on inside of cover.
- 8. Round corners of window cover piece cut previously. Punch 1/2" semi-circle at one end and "scuff" edges with Lemonade paint; let dry. Cover one side with shimmer paper; trim excess. Place Wonder Tape on three sides, leaving punched end free. Adhere piece to underside of window opening over transparency; insert photo.
- 9. Punch two holes along each long edge of spine at 1/2", 3" and 5-1/2" from one short end as shown in Fig. 2. With project face down and inside cover facing up, run bone folder down each "channel" between cardboard pieces. Apply light pressure and make several passes down each channel. Fold album along each line to create spine.
Fig. 2 Spine
- 10. Cut and thread three 12" gingham ribbon lengths through holes in spine and pages. Tie ribbons into bows at top of album as shown. Glue two yellow buttons at bottom right of window opening as shown.
- 11. On separate piece of white card stock, stamp giraffe and hippo with black ink; heat emboss clear. Color images in same way as others. Cut out and adhere to cover as shown.