Vintage Glamour Décor
sizes: box, 6"x8"; ribbon, approx. 5" diameter
Vintage Glamour Décor
Inside View of Box
- Reclaimed wooden box with lid, 6"x8"
- Recycled quart-sized paint cans
- Wooden items: circles: 2-1/2", 3-1/2"; acorn finials, 1", four
- Wooden Journal Handle (7gypsies)
- Pink or white satin ribbon, 2"-wide, 3 yds.
- Patterned papers of choice
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Lamp Black; Boysenberry Pink
- Self-adhesive acrylic gems or rhinestone trim
- Vintage button
- Vintage or downloadable printed images of choice
- Wire, 20-gauge
- Rubber stamps of choice
- Black pigment ink pad
- Paper trimmer
- Sanding block
- Rubber bands
- Heavy-duty hole punch
- Wire cutters
- Wooden clothespins
- Aleene's (iLoveToCreate): Original Tacky Glue; Memory Glue
- Collage Pauge (iLoveToCreate)
- 1. Paint box and circles Lamp Black, and acorn finals and wooden handles Boysenberry Pink.
- 2. Cut patterned papers to fit box sides. Follow manufacturer's instructions to decoupage papers to box. Smooth out air bubbles with fingers. Cut papers to fit cans. Glue papers around cans and secure with rubber bands while drying.
- 3. Apply glue to one side of large wooden circles and press onto wrong side of patterns paper. Let dry, cut out and sand edges even with circles. Repeat process for vintage images and smaller circles. Layer and glue circles together as shown. Glue trim to edges of small circle or apply self-adhesive gems.
- 4. For prize ribbon shapes, create 2" loop and glue ends to back of large circle. Repeat until entire circle is covered. Cut two 4" lengths from ribbon. Stamp sentiment on ribbon and let dry. Cut "v" in ribbon ends and glue to back of large circle. Glue flat side of clothespin to back of large circle.
- 5. Decoupage vintage photo to inside of box. Glue acorn finial "feet" to bottom of box. Let dry thoroughly. Set box on side and glue craft mirror to front. Glue vintage trim of choice to center of craft mirror. Fill box with various embellishments such as seam binding, vials of beads, vintage lace and other items.
- 6. Use heavy-duty punch to punch holes in sides of can. Cut 12" length from wire. Thread handle onto wire, looping ends in and out of holes on can to secure. Wrap wire around can. Clip prize ribbon onto wire.