Pattern - Snake & Frog Bug Houses
- 1. Print out pattern. Trace pattern onto side of canister. Use pointed end of scissors to cut out mouth from canister.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint can Red (snake) or Green (frog). Paint two 3/8" circles (snake's eyes) White and 3" oval (snake's head) Red. Let dry. Paint two 1-1/2" circles (frog's eyeballs) Green and two 1" circles (frog's inner eyes) White. Paint four 3/8" circles (frog's pupils and nostrils) Black. Let dry.
- 3. Measure and cut 4"x5" rectangle from recycled window screening. Apply glue on rectangle edges and press on inside of canister, covering mouth opening. Let dry.
- 4. Use black marker to outline painted wooden shapes and draw snake's eyes
- 5. Glue painted wooden shapes on frog and snake. For snake's tongue, cut 3" red ribbon length. Use scissors to cut "v" on one end. Glue tongue under oval on snake.
- 6. Use hole punch to punch holes on plastic lid.
- 7. For handle, punch holes on either side of canister. Measure and cut 12" jute twine length. Insert twine ends through holes on canister; knot ends on inside. Replace lid on top of canister.