Santa's Workshop Altered Box
size: 5-1/4"x8-1/8"x2" (closed)
- Graphic 45 5”x8” Kraftboard Altered Art Box
- Mini wooden door, 3-5/16”x6-3/4”
- Cardstock: black, metallic gold
- Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium Collection 12”x12” Papers: Christmas Emporium, Merry and Bright, Joyous Noel, Toyland, Happy Holidays, Tis the Season, All I Want For Christmas, Santa Express, A Christmas Carol, Special Delivery
- Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium Chipboard Tags 1 and 2
- Graphic 45 Metal Button Staples
- Small gold metallic number stickers
- Red self-adhesive gems, mini and small
- Punches: 1-3/16” and 1-3/8” circles, Martha Stewart Crafts Holly
- Ranger Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress Ink Pad
- Barn red acrylic paint
- Krylon 14kt. Gold Leafing Pen
- Crystal ultra-fine glitter glue
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam mounting tape, liquid glue, Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots
- paper trimmer, detail scissors, metal ruler, pencil, craft knife and cutting mat, newspaper, paintbrush, sponge dauber
- 1. Remove album from box and set aside.
- Inside Front Cover
- 1. Trim Joyous Noel paper to 7-15/16" tall. Cut one 5-1/16"-wide panel and one 1-5/8"-wide strip. Trace window openings onto back of larger panel and cut out, 1/16" outside traced lines. Adhere paper panels to box with paper adhesive.
- 2. Carefully detail cut separate Santa, doll, rocking horse, bear, and tree images from one sheet of Christmas Emporium paper. Detail cut list from same sheet of paper.
- 3. Use dauber to sponge edges of Santa and list with Old Paper ink.
- 4. Adhere remaining section of Christmas Emporium paper behind window openings, trimming as needed.
- 5. Adhere Santa to box, using layers of foam tape to support head over window opening. Detail cut stocking from a chipboard tag and adhere to narrow words panel; adhere bear over stocking.
- 6. Highlight Santa's beard with glitter glue; let dry.
- 7. Punch 18 holly leaves from Merry and Bright paper. Adhere two leaves behind Santa's head. Adhere remaining leaves into garlands along top of word panels using Liquid Scrap Dots adhesive; follow manufacturer's instructions. Add red gems to holly.
- Inside Back Cover
- 1. Trim second sheet of Joyous Noel paper to 7-15/16" tall. Cut one 1-5/8" and one 4-15/16" panel. Adhere panels to box with paper adhesive.
- 2. Adhere tree image to right side of larger panel with paper adhesive.
- 3. Adhere only the ends of Santa's list to opposite corners of larger panel as shown, creating dimension. Add layers of foam tape under lower half of list for support.
- 4. Detail cut clown bear, small brown bear, and doll in green dress (with candy cane and ball near feet) from Toyland paper. Adhere cut-outs around base of tree and list as shown, using foam tape; add layers of tape to create more dimension. Cut tiny pieces of tape to support horse's tail and other small elements.
- 5. Highlight rocking horse and clown bear with glitter glue; let dry.
- 6. Spot glue list here and there as needed for good bond.
- 7. Punch 19 holly leaves from Merry and Bright paper. Adhere 14 leaves into garlands along top of word panels using Liquid Scrap Dots adhesive. Adhere remaining leaves around toys and list. Add red gems to holly.
- outside covers and album holder
- 1. Carefully turn album face down on work surface; back cover will be at left.
- Outside Covers and Album Holder
- 1. Cut two sheets of black cardstock to 7-15/16" tall. Cut panels in the following widths and adhere to outside cover, left to right, using paper adhesive: 4-15/16", 1-5/8", 5-1/8", 1-11/16", 5-1/16". Turn album face up.
- 2. Cut four 1-7/16"x5" and four 1-7/16"x7-15/16" black cardstock strips. Adhere four strips around outside of album holder. Trim 3/16" from length of each remaining strip and adhere around inside of album holder.
- 1. For front cover, cut 4-1/2"x7-9/16" Happy Holidays panel; sponge edges Old Paper. Mat panel on black cardstock and adhere to album.
- 2. Paint mini door and one button red; let dry. Apply Leafing Pen to button and door panel edges; let dry. Adhere door to album cover with glue; adhere button knob with Liquid Scrap Dots adhesive. Add number stickers between upper panels. Cut and adhere small Joyous Noel pieces to door panels.
- 3. Punch 29 holly leaves from Merry and Bright paper. Punch 1-3/8" circle from same paper; punch smaller circle from center to create ring. Adhere ring to door with foam tape. To create wreath, adhere 18 overlapping leaves around ring using Liquid Scrap Dots. Adhere remaining leaves along top of panel to create garland. Add red gems to holly.
- 4. Cut a black cardstock mat for each album page. Use photos as a guide to decorate album pages. Build dimension behind papers, photos, and cardstock embellishments using layers of foam tape. Trim paper names from some sheets and use as tiny sentiments on pages.