Stamps: Layers of Color Happy Wishes; Verses Rubber Stamps Think Lovely Thoughts; Hero Arts® Classic Fabric Design, Large Fabric Design, Antique Engravings Animal & Sealife, Friend Definition
Ink Pads: Tsukineko VersaMark and Sweet Plum Memento, Ranger Jet Black Archival
Tattered Angels Dewberry Glimmer Mist
Clear embossing powder
Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots, foam dots
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, paper towel, waxed paper, heat tool
1. Make plum top-fold card; round bottom corners.
2. Cut smaller white cardstock panel and emboss with brocade texture. Adhere to card.
3. Stamp Friend Definition background onto separate sheet of white cardstock using Sweet Plum ink; heat set ink.
4. Overstamp dry definition background with Classic Fabric Design using VersaMark ink. Heat emboss image with clear powder; let cool. See Fig. 1.
5. Drag Sweet Plum ink pad directly across embossed area to color negative space; embossed area will resist ink. See Fig. 2. Buff embossed area with paper towel to remove ink. Trim background to 4"x6" and adhere to card.
6. Die cut fancy tag and two vine borders from white cardstock. For delicate dies, try adding a layer of waxed paper between die and cardstock to prevent sticking.
7. Stamp Sweet Plum sentiment onto white cardstock. Trim and adhere to die-cut tag with foam dots. Adhere tag and vine border to card with foam dots, cutting dots in half for borders.
8. Cut two white ribbon lengths and thread through ends of tag. Secure ribbon with white twine. Accent die cuts with light purple pearls.
Think Lovely Thoughts
1. Make plum top-fold card.
2. Cut smaller white cardstock panel. Stamp Jet Black sentiment at center bottom. Adhere to card.
3. Stamp Large Fabric Design onto vellum using VersaMark ink. Heat emboss image with clear powder; let cool.
4. Repeat Step 3 to create two embossed butterflies on same sheet of vellum.
5. Spray embossed vellum with Dewberry mist; let dry. Buff embossed areas with paper towel to remove color.
6. Detail cut butterflies and adhere white pearl bodies; set aside.
7. Trim background to 3-1/2"x4-1/2". Cut 4-1/4"x5-1/4" white cardstock panel. Mat vellum on cardstock. Wrap lavender ribbon around panels, adhering ends at back. Tie bow and adhere with clear dots. Adhere panel to card with foam dots.
8. Adhere rose and butterfly bodies to card with clear dots; bend wings up for dimension.
1. Classic Fabric Design is a "positive space" image and Large Fabric Design is a "negative space" image; ink is applied to the black areas shown in the line-art drawings.