1. Shake shaving cream well. Spray a 4"-square area of craft mat. (See Fig. 1)
2. Gently swirl Glimmer Mist bottle until sediment rises from bottom and is evenly distributed. Randomly mist shaving cream, leaving some areas white. (See Fig. 2) Note: Dots of ink from a reinker - or any type of liquid paint or ink - may be applied to shaving cream in place of, or alongside, Glimmer Mist.
3. Lightly sprinkle pigment powder onto some areas of shaving cream, if desired, for extra shimmer.
4. Using paintbrush handle or any other object with a long, thin end, swirl shaving cream and gold powder together to achieve a streaked, marbled look. Try a wide-tooth comb, a plastic fork, or a pencil pointed eraser-end down, or pull a plastic ruler across shaving cream mixture to blend colors. (See Fig. 3)
5. To create a background, lay cardstock directly onto shaving cream; peel away immediately. "Shave" cardstock, using plastic ruler to remove shaving cream and reveal ink-and-pigment pattern. (See Fig. 4)
6. To stencil, lay plastic template on cardstock. Press shaving cream-covered craft mat over cardstock and template. Peel away craft mat and "shave" cardstock while holding template in place. Remove template.
7. Dry paper with heat tool; weight under heavy books, if needed, to flatten any curled edges.
How Do I Love Thee?
1. Create a stenciled background on a full sheet of white cardstock using Glimmer Screens and Pomegranate and Silver Sugar Glimmer Mists.
2. Make white card base; edge with Leafing Pen.
3. Cut a 4-3/4"x6-3/4" white cardstock panel. Spray with Pomegranate Glimmer Mist; let dry.
4. Cut a 4-1/2"x6" panel from background cardstock. Stamp black text at center; edge with Leafing Pen. Matte on Pomegranate paper panel. Tie gold tulle around layered piece; adhere to card.
5. Die cut 1-1/4"-wide heart from background scrap; stamp grey Valentine pattern over heart. Edge with Leafing Pen. Adhere heart over tulle knot with foam dots.
6. Adhere charm to front of heart. Insert hat pin through foam dots behind heart.
Grow Old with Me
1. Create a marbled background on a full sheet of white cardstock using Passion Red Glimmer Mist and gold pigment powder.
2. Make metallic gold card base.
3. Cut a 4-3/4"x6-3/4" panel from background cardstock. Use VersaMark ink to stamp damask pattern over panel; heat emboss with gold powder. Adhere to card.
4. Tie gold tulle around card front, tying bow slightly above center. Clip earring to bow center.
5. Use VersaMark ink to stamp sentiment on white cardstock scrap; heat emboss with gold powder. Die cut into 2-3/4"-long label shape. Trace around outside of die onto gold cardstock; cut out. Layer and adhere labels to card using foam dots.
large stenciled background
1. Place stencil onto full sheet of white cardstock.
Large Stenciled Background
1. Spray shaving cream onto craft mat. Drip Aged Mahogany and Rusty Hinge reinkers onto shaving cream. Pull ruler across shaving cream in multiple directions to mix colors in streaks.
2. Pull ruler across shaving cream mixture to "load" ruler with foam.
3. Holding stencil firmly in place, pull ruler across surface of stencil, repeating until shaving cream mixture completely fills all open areas in and around stencil. Still holding stencil in place, "shave" away any remaining shaving cream.
4. Carefully lift stencil from cardstock. Heat dry cardstock to remove any traces of shaving cream; "shaving" cardstock with ruler will cause inks to smear.
1. Use excess shaving cream mixture to "ink up" a solid image stamp. Stamp image onto cardstock multiple times for a soft batik effect.