Mother Wall Hanging
Mother Wall Hanging
- Parenthesis 6”x6” Book Board, 4-piece set (7gypsies)
- Cardstock: peach; cream
- Baby 2 Bride Collection Unchained Melody double-sided paper (Graphic 45)
- Mothers Day #3 downloadable collage sheet (DigitalCollageSheets.com, Georgia House Publishing)
- Trims: olive green seam binding; cream lace; green rick-rack
- Cream blossoms, three
- Cream or peach buttons, three
- Sheet music background stamp (Purple Onion Designs)
- Sepia Archival ink pad (Ranger)
- Colored pencils: white; brown
- Cosmetic sponge
- Heavy-duty hole punch
- Needle and white thread
- Adhesive dots
- Precision detail scissors
- Computer and printer
- 1. Trace chipboard page onto back of patterned paper; cut out and adhere to chipboard. Let dry. Lightly sponge edges Sepia. Punch second hole at top of shape to use for hanger; shape already has one hole. Set aside.
- 2. Cut 2-3/4"x4-1/2" peach cardstock piece; stamp with Sepia sheet music. Sponge edges Sepia. Mat on reverse side of patterned paper, leaving 1/4" border all around; sponge edges Sepia. Adhere panels to page.
- 3. Following manufacturer's instructions, download and print digital collage sheet onto bright white, high-quality paper. Cut out mother/child image using detail scissors; adhere to center of peach panel. Use white pencil to highlight around top and left side of image; use brown pencil to shade right side and bottom edge of image. This adds another layer of depth to the image.
- 4. Cut "M-O-T-H-E-R" from digital collage sheet, sponge edges Sepia and mat on cream cardstock; adhere to panel on angle.
- 5. Computer generate "Another name for love ..." and print on cream cardstock. Trim to size, sponge edges Sepia and glue to bottom of peach panel.
- 6. Very lightly sponge flower edges Sepia; let dry. Sew white thread through button holes, knotting at front. Adhere buttons to flower centers with adhesive dots.
- 7. Cut 2", 2-1/2" and 3-1/2" lengths of green rick-rack for flower stems and three 1" lengths for leaves; glue to page as shown. Adhere flowers to stems with adhesive dots.
- 8. Cut 21" olive seam tape length and tie through hanger holes. Tie shorter length of lace trim around each end.
- 1. Alter the remaining chipboard pieces in the package to create a vintage-themed mini album for Mom.
- 2. Replace vintage image with a black-and-white or sepia-tint photo of Mom holding a little one.
- 3. Adhere flower elements to an ink-aged shipping tag and tie to the gift box.