Nesties Petite Scalloped Circle dies (Spellbinders)
The Wizard Embossing and Die-Cutting System (Spellbinders)
Scor-Pal Scoring Tool (Scor-Pal)
Paper Crimper (Fiskars)
Adhesives: Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon); Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3-D Foam Squares (3L)
Butterflies & Flowers Note
1. By creating a layered, die-cut, 3-D flower to adorn the inside of my simple one-step floral card, it looks more complex, as though it would take hours to create. The reality? Just a few quick snips and I was finished!
Butterflies & Flowers - Front
1. Make pale purple top-fold card base. Cut 4"x5-1/4" dark purple panel and 3-3/4"x5" white panel.
2. Stamp Orchid Pastel butterfly border in two lines across white panel. Tie yellow ribbon around left side of white panel; mat on dark purple. Adhere to card with paper glue.
3. Die cut flower and leaf from pale purple and green cardstock; emboss using tan embossing mat. Adhere flower and leaf to card over ribbon using foam squares.
4. Die cut small butterfly from yellow cardstock; adhere center only to card front as shown. Apply thin line of Liquid Appliqué down body center, sprinkle with glitter, and remove excess; follow manufacturer's instruction to heat set.
5. Apply small dots of Liquid Appliqué to flower center, sprinkle with glitter and heat set. Adhere pearls to upper right corner of card.
Butterflies & Flowers - Inside
1. Cut 5-1/4"x8-1/4" white cardstock panel; score and fold. Open card insert and stamp Orchid Pastel butterfly border across upper half.
2. To create pop-up element, close card insert and measure 2-1/2" in from left edge along fold; lightly mark cardstock. Measure down 1" from first mark and then draw a line connecting the two points. Repeat marking from right edge of card insert; draw line connecting marks.
3. Use craft knife or detail scissors to snip paper along drawn lines, cutting through both layers of card insert.
4. Open card insert and press cut tab forward into card; fold at end of cuts to create a "step" inside card insert. Use paper glue to adhere insert inside card base.
5. Die cut sunflowers from pale and dark purple cardstock; die cut leaves from green. Emboss leaves using tan embossing mat. Adhere flowers and leaves together. Repeat Step 5 from above to create flower center.
6. Adhere flower to pop-up "step" inside card. Stamp black sentiment on bottom half of card insert.
7. Die cut medium-sized butterfly from yellow cardstock; before removing die, spritz with spray ink to create stencil effect. Let dry. Adhere butterfly to lower left side of flower.
Gifts Galore Note
1. In the interest of being "stash savvy", I have created these fun little gift packages using scrap cardstock and a few glittery gems. To create extra depth, I cut three pop-up "steps" this time instead of the single step in the Butterflies & Flowers card.
Gifts Galore - Front
1. Make light pink top-fold card base. Cut wide strips of medium pink and yellow cardstock, using photo as guide. Crimp yellow strip and adhere to pink strip with paper glue. Tie ribbon around top third of strips; adhere strips to bottom third of card front with paper glue.
2. Stamp black circle border on white cardstock; die cut into small scalloped circle. Adhere to card front over ribbon.
3. Cut small light pink square for package; cut two thin medium pink strips and two wedge shapes for ribbons and bow. Assemble gift using paper glue; adhere gem to bow center. Adhere package to border circle with foam squares. Adhere gems to upper right corner of card.
Gifts Galore - Inside
1. Cut 5-1/4"x8-1/4" yellow cardstock panel; score and fold.
2. To create pop-up element, close card insert. Measure 3/4" in from left edge along fold; lightly mark cardstock. Measure down 1/2" from first mark and then draw a vertical line connecting the two points. Measure 1" in from left edge along fold; mark cardstock. Measure down 1/2"; draw vertical line connecting points. This creates foundation of first pop-up "step" (left side of card).
3. For pop-up at right side, measure in 3/4" and down 3/4"; draw line connecting points. Measure in 1" and down 3/4"; draw line connecting points.
4. For center pop-up, measure in 2-1/2" from each side and mark cardstock. Measure down 1" from each mark; draw lines connecting points.
5. Use craft knife or detail scissors to snip paper along drawn lines, cutting through both layers of card insert.
6. Open card insert and press cut tabs forward into card; fold at end of cuts to create "steps" inside card insert. Use paper glue to adhere insert inside card base.
7. Create three more mini gift packages from cardstock scraps; adhere one gift to each pop-up "step" inside card.
8. Stamp black circular border and sentiment on bottom half of card insert.