Die-cutting system of choice and assorted small flower dies or purchased flower shapes
White acrylic paint
1. Paint butterfly overlay white; let dry.
2. Cut 20" twine length; knot ends together 2" from cut ends. Tape or hot glue ends of hanging loop to top of foam ball.
3. Die cut several flower shapes from desired papers, as needed.
4. Begin covering foam ball with flowers, securing each one with one or more pins through a button center; very small flowers may only need a pin in place of a button. Continue adding flowers until entire surface is covered. When pleased with design, remove pins one by one, dip in glue and reinsert into ball.
5. Use two white pearl-head pins to secure butterfly overlay to upper portion of ball
1. Use a foam wreath in place of the foam ball to create a gorgeous, garden "Welcome" wreath.
2. Omit twine hanger and perch decorated ball atop a pretty crystal vase or wineglass, alone or in multiples.
3. Decoupage floral tissue paper onto foam ball, then add butterfly, for a unique effect.