Flea Market Garden Décor - "Sing" Wall Art
Sing Wall Art
- Reclaimed wooden frame, 11”x14”
- Wooden shell appliqué (Ornamental Moldings)
- Chipboard shapes: bird; swirly branch; bookplate, 2-1/2”
- Patterned papers: coordinating purple and green prints; script, 4-1/2”x7”
- White cardstock scrap
- CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements Clear Flat Back Crystal, 10mm
- Silver brads, two
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Antique Green; Dried Basil Green; Dark Chocolate
- Alphabet stamps, 1/2”
- Black pigment ink pad
- Paper trimmer
- Wax candle
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
- Sanding block
- Tools: Scroll saw; drill and 1/32” drill bit; screwdriver
- 1. Remove glass and frame backing. Lightly sand frame and paint Dark Chocolate. Randomly rub surface with candle. Paint frame Dried Basil Green. When paint is 75% dry, lightly sand surface to reveal distressed finish. Paint appliqué and bird Antique Green, tree branch Plum and bookplate Dark Chocolate.
- 2. Use paper trimmer to cut 2"x2-1/8" rectangles from patterned papers. Use paper glue to adhere five squares across top of frame backing, and seven squares down back. Continue in random pattern until back of frame is covered. Adhere 4-1/2"x7" script rectangle to center of frame backing.
- 3. Stamp "sing" on white cardstock; cut out and glue to back of bookplate. Insert bard in bookplate holes and flange. Glue bird, branch and bookplate to center of frame as shown.
- 4. Drill hole in center of shell appliqué and top center of frame. Apply glue to back of shell appliqué and adhere to front center of frame. Screw motif to front of frame. Replace wood frame glass and backing. Glue crystal to top of screw.