Elmer’s Painters Opaque Paint Marker, Medium tip: Brown
Design Master Color Tool Spray Color: Almond
Quick Quotes Powder Puffs Ink Pad: Amaretto
Tabbed file folders: one left/right, one center tab (for templates)
pencil, newspaper, paper towels, transparent tape
1. (Note: One 20"x30" sheet of foam board can make four frames.) Use pencil to trace file folder onto foam board. Extend top of tab by 1/4" (making tab extend 3/4" beyond folder). Trace additional folders onto foam board. For frame opening, on "left" tab folder, measure and draw a line 2" from right and bottom edges. (Opposite for "right" tab folder.) Measure 4-3/4" square. For "center" tab folder, draw line 3-3/8" from both sides and 2" from top and bottom.
2. Use craft knife and metal ruler on cutting mat to cut out folders. (Hint: Score lightly at first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of knife. Replace blade often.)
3. In well-ventilated newspaper-covered area, spray front and edges of foam board folders with two coats of Almond spray. Let dry. Spray frame back if desired. Let dry.
4. To distress, rub inkpad along edges; use paper towel to wipe ink on edge toward center, in short downward motions. Continue around folder edges and photo opening. Let dry.
5. Use Brown paint marker to personalize tab with name.
6. For hanger, measure and mark 2-1/2" down from top center on back of each folder. Use craft knife to make 1/4" long, horizontal slit. Insert knife blade into slit; angle toward top and remove. Separate curved ends of paper clip 1/4". Insert shorter rounded end into slit, creating hanger loop with longer ends of paper clips.
7. Decide placement of Jumbo paper clip. Use craft knife to make 1"-long slit in foam edge. Insert shorter round end of paper clip into slit, letting long end overlap frame front.
8. Use tape to attach photo to back of folder openings. Attach notes with decorative push pins.