Diva Queen Wall Plaque
Diva Queen Wall Plaque
- Wooden craft board, 2-3/4"x7"
- Papers: turquoise gothic shapes (The Paper Studio, Hobby Lobby); dark pink; pale green
- Illustration board
- Vintage book page with word "Queen" (or computer-generated text)
- Vintage images: moon; nude lady
- German Dresden foil items: mint green trim; gold crown
- Chipboard "diva" letters
- Light pink seam binding
- Fuchsia jumbo chenille stem or marabou trim
- Forget-me-not blossoms: light pink; fuchsia
- Pearl stamens, three
- Swarovski Elements flat-backed rhinestones (Swarovski)
- Sequined stars
- Assorted small crystal and pearl beads
- Folk Art Baby Pink Acrylic Paint (Plaid)
- Brown pigment ink pad
- Black fine-tip permanent pen
- Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter (Art Institute Glitter): Miss Muffet; Seashell; Mystery; Silver micro beads
- Sharp detail scissors
- Wooden toothpick
- Small hand drill with bit
- Craft knife
- Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
- 1. Glue turquoise paper to board; trim excess with craft knife. Paint back of board pink; let dry.
- 2. Tear two pieces of pink paper to create "land" at bottom of board; sponge ink over edges. Glue to board.
- 3. Drill two tiny holes at top of board for ends of chenille stem hanger.
- 4. Draw several strands of seaweed working their way up board. Paint leaves pink; let dry. Apply glue over leaves and sprinkle with Miss Muffet glitter; tap off excess.
- 5. Cut out moon image and glue to board; let dry. Apply glue over moon with finger and sprinkle with Seashell glitter; let dry. Use toothpick and paint to create pink underwater "bubbles" going up board; let dry. Randomly glue sequined stars to board.
- 6. Cut out vintage lady from her torso up. Place lady over pale green paper and freehand a mermaid tail and crown, using photo as a guide. Cut out pieces; sponge ink over edges. Glue photo over top of tail; glue crown over top of head. Apply glue over torso with finger and sprinkle with Miss Muffet glitter; let dry.
- 7. Cut out word "Queen" in shape of tail fin; sponge ink over edges. Glue fin to back of tail. Glue two rhinestones to crown.
- 8. Cut two small strips of illustration board and glue to back of torso and head for dimension; glue mermaid to board.
- 9. Apply glue over chipboard letters and sprinkle with Mystery glitter; let dry. Glue letters to board; use rhinestone to dot "I".
- 10. Apply light coat of pink paint to Dresden crown and wipe away excess with paper towel, allowing some gold to show through. Glue crown to board; add rhinestone to center. Glue Dresden trim along bottom of board.
- 11. Embellish board with flowers, rhinestones, stamens, silver micro beads and dangling beads, and more glitter as desired.
- 12. Cut chenille stem length and wrap ends through holes in board to create hanger. Tie seam binding bow over one end of hanger.