Chattin' It Up Cell Phone Cards & Case
size: cards, 3-1/2"x4-7/8"
- Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!)
- Paper Reflections patterned (DMD): red/gold paisley; red/gold pebbles; gold swirl; red swirl
- Invitation envelopes, 3-5/8"x5-1/8", four
- Hot-Fix crystals (Kandi Corp.): coral pink; light topaz
- Light Green Bling Borders stickers (Heidi Swapp for Advantus)
- Silk flowers (Petaloo)
- Text Messages stamp set (Gina K. Designs)
- Ink pads: Black Onyx VersaFine (Tsukineko); Lettuce and Cranberry Adirondack Dye (Ranger)
- Hot-Fix Professional Applicator (Kandi Corp.)
- The Wizard Embossing and Die-Cutting System and Nestabilities Large Classic Scalloped Oval Dies (Spellbinders)
- Punches: corner rounder; spiral; small flower(s)
- Sewing machine with coordinating thread
- Scalloped decorative-edge scissors
- Copic Spica Clear Glitter Pen (Imagination International)
- 1. Cut 4-1/2"x9-1/2" white cardstock strip. Score 3-1/2" from one short end to create flap. Round bottom corners of strip (not flap) with punch.
- 2. Cut two 4-1/2"x6" red swirl paper pieces. Round bottom corners of each piece with punch. Adhere one piece to back of cardstock strip. Place second paper piece on front of cardstock strip and sew 1/4" seam along three sides, leaving top open, to create pocket for cards.
- 3. Cut 4-1/2"x4-1/2" paisley paper piece and adhere to front flap; fold extra inch to back of case and adhere. Trace curve of coffee can or cereal bowl along bottom edge of flap to create curved line; cut along line with decorative-edge scissors.
- 4. Cut 4-1/2"x4-1/2" pieces from gold swirl and red swirl papers; trace same curve onto bottom of each piece and cut with standard scissors. Adhere red piece to flap so paisley border peeks out from bottom; fold and adhere excess to back. Adhere gold piece so just a bit of red shows; fold and adhere excess to back.
- 5. Stitch along flap curve on gold paper. Glue silk flowers and punched paper flowers to flap; set crystal in center.
- Cards & Envelopes
- 1. Cut four 3-1/2"x9-3/4" white cards; score and fold.
- 2. Using photos as a guide, cut one 3-1/4"x4-1/2" patterned paper mat for each card; round corners and adhere. Add additional pieces of patterned papers as desired; die cut oval mats.
- 3. To create spiral-bound embellishment, cut red and paisley strips to 3-1/2"x4-1/2". Trace coffee can onto paisley piece and cut along line, creating concave curved edge. Spiral punch left edge of red piece; adhere layers as shown. Stitch along paisley curve. Adhere piece to card.
- 4. Stamp Black Onyx phone images onto swirl papers and cut out. Stamp text messages onto white cardstock and earpieces onto opposite swirl papers; cut out pieces and adhere to phones. Adhere phones to cards.
- 5. Stamp Lettuce and Cranberry flower images onto coordinating patterned papers; cut out. Adhere flower centers to cards; set crystals in centers.
- 6. Add decorative stitching and bling stickers to cards as desired. Highlight antennae and buttons with glitter pen.
- 7. Stamp Lettuce or Cranberry flower down side of each envelope. Place cards and envelopes in case.