Dow Chemical Co.
size: 13" tall
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 9"x4" cone
- White metal pedestal, 4" tall
- Patterned papers, 3 sheets
- Coordinating paint chips
- Coordinating pearl-head straight pins, 1-1/2" long
- Small butterfly punch
- Coarse-thread drywall screw, 2-1/2" long
- Eclectic Products E6000 adhesive
- 1. Keep projects out of reach of small children; pins will come out.
- 1. Adhere drywall screw, point up, to center of metal pedestal using E6000; let dry.
- 2. Push foam cone onto screw.
- 3. Punch a pile of butterflies from paint chips and three of the patterned papers, keeping piles separate.
- 4. Layer a paper butterfly over a paint chip butterfly; insert pin through center and into cone near bottom edge. Pinch top wings to add dimension.
- 5. Continue pinning pairs of butterflies to cone, mixing colors randomly and working from bottom to top.
- 6. Slightly twist top wings to cover any gaps between butterflies.