Pattern - Blast Off! Bulletin Board
- 1. With rotary paper trimmer, trim four Rockets papers to 10"x12". Cut remaining Rockets paper into two 6"x10" rectangles. Vertically position two large sheets side-by-side at top of vertical foam board. Position two more just below, with edges meeting. Fill in space at bottom with two small pieces side-by-side, covering entire foam board. Use dot runner along edges of papers to attach.
- 2. For border, peel and place repositionable blue border strips around edge of board, with border strip edges touching and corners slightly overlapping as needed. Use glue stick to permanently attach borders.
- 3. For hangers, measure and mark 3" down from top and 3" in from each side on back of board. At each mark use craft knife to make 1/4" long horizontal slits. Carefully insert knife blade into each slit, angled up toward top and remove. Slightly separate curved ends of paper clips 1/4". Insert shorter rounded ends up into slits, creating hanger loops with longer ends of paper clips.
- 4. Peel off orange letters to spell "BLAST OFF" and blue letters to spell "TO A GOOD YEAR." To make mounting for letters, apply glue stick onto backs and press onto black cardstock, leaving at least 1/2" between letters. Use precision-tip scissors to cut apart letters. Carefully cut around each letter from outside edge of letter. (Note: Do not cut inside letter areas.) Let dry.
- 5. Print out patterns. Trace rocket on orange cardstock and center of rocket on red cardstock. Cut out shapes. Use circle cutter to cut two 2" orange circles and two 1-1/2" black cardstock circles. Glue rocket pieces together.
- 6. Position letters and rocket on board. Remove backing from foam mounting tape and attach letters.
- 7. Use wire cutters to trim metallic spray stem to 20". Use glue stick to attach 2"x4" scrap of foam board onto back of rocket. Carefully insert end of metallic stem into foam piece, about 1". Spot glue stem. Glue rocket unit at angle on board.
- 1. Use circle cutter to cut 1-1/2" student faces and put onto rocket "windows" for special duties of the day, or make additional rockets to display around classroom. Reduce pattern on photocopier to make name tags and other rocket-related classroom items.