Better Backgrounds: Glazed Watercolors
size: sparkling butterflies, 3-5/8"x8-5/8"; butterfly collage, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"
- Cardstock: vanilla; raisin; lavender; natural; shell pink
- Large Glitter Butterfly Stickers (Paper Studio)
- Stamps: Butterfly Collage (Outlines Rubber Stamp Co.); Three Ferns (Hero Arts)
- Adirondack dye ink pads (Ranger): Watermelon; Sunset Orange; Purple Twilight; Raspberry
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints (Ranger): Yellow Pastel; Dash of Red
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi Medium Gloss (Ranger)
- Inkssentials Heatit Craft Tool and Non-Stick Craft Sheet (Ranger)
- Inkssentials Mini Misters (Ranger)
- 1. Using corner of ink pad, apply inks directly to stamp. Mist lightly with water and stamp onto colored cardstock; heat set with craft tool.
- 2. Pour gloss medium onto craft sheet. Mix small amount of Studio paint into medium to achieve desired color; glaze will appear darker than actual color.
- 3. Use paintbrush to apply glaze over stamped image, allowing cardstock to dry between coats. For look of canvas, apply three to four coats of colored glaze, alternating direction of brushstrokes each time.
- Sparkling Butterflies Card
- 1. Cut papers as follows: 3"x8" lavender; 3-1/8"x8-1/8" natural; 7-1/4"x8-5/8" shell pink. Score and fold largest piece to create 3-5/8"x8-5/8" side-fold card.
- 2. Refer to general instructions to apply Purple Twilight and Raspberry inks to fern stamp; mist and stamp onto lavender cardstock. Heat set ink, then apply three coats of Dash of Red glaze.
- 3. Adhere butterflies over glazed layer, trimming edges as needed. Layer and assemble card as shown.
- Butterfly Collage Card
- 1. Cut papers as follows: 3-1/8"x4-3/8" and 3-3/8"x4-5/8" vanilla; 5-1/2"x8-1/2" raisin. Score and fold largest piece to create 4-1/4"x5-1/2" side-fold card.
- 2. Refer to general instructions to apply Watermelon, Sunset Orange and Purple Twilight inks to collage stamp; mist and stamp onto smaller vanilla panel. Heat set ink, then apply three coats of Yellow Pastel glaze.
- 3. Layer and assemble card as shown.