ATCs Beyond Trading:A Walk in the Garden
size: card, 5"x6-1/2"; garland, 6"x39"
- Chipboard flower album (Colorbok)
- Cardstock: cranberry; black
- Wild Asparagus Collection paper (My Mind’s Eye)
- Inkssentials White Gloss Paper (Ranger)
- Cranberry eyelets
- Wide, sheer gold bead-edge ribbon
- Stamp sets (Oxford Impressions): Country Girl; The Fairest Flower; Le Jardin
- Ink pads (Ranger): Jet Black Archival; Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tattered Rose, Antique Linen and Aged Mahogany
- Adirondack Cranberry Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Posh Impressions Gold Accent Pen (Ranger)
- Inkssentials Heatit Craft Tool (Ranger)
- Inkssentials Cut ‘n Dry line (Ranger): Foam; Nibs
- Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite (We R Memory Keepers)
- Craft knife and cutting mat
- Detail scissors
- Lightweight scrap paper and temporary adhesive
- 1. Cut 7"x11" cranberry cardstock piece and fold in half to measure 5-1/2"x7". Overlapping fold, trace chipboard flower onto back of cardstock and cut out, creating card base. Cut a 2"x3" window in center of card front using craft knife; accent edges with gold pen.
- 2. Cut 2-1/4"x3-1/4" gloss paper and 2-1/2"x3-1/2" black cardstock mat.
- 3. Stamp and mask images in this order: boy with flower pot; writing; chicken wire. Stamp images with Jet Black ink; heat set after each impression. Create a mask for images as needed by stamping on a lightweight sheet of paper, cutting out image just inside the lines, and lightly adhering mask over previously stamped image.
- 4. Apply Tattered Rose (skin) and Antique Linen Distress Inks over entire stamped surface using direct-to-paper (DTP) technique. Color flowers Aged Mahogany using foam nibs. Apply Aged Mahogany to add subtle color and variation to background using side of nib. Mat ATC and adhere inside card so it is visible through window.
- 5. Detail cut flowers from patterned paper and adhere to card, leaving some edges free. Create loopy 6" bow and adhere to top left corner of window opening.
- 1. Paint edges of chipboard flowers with Cranberry paint dabber; let dry.
- 2. Using flower as a template, trace and cut five flowers from patterned paper; use a single design for cohesiveness or multiple patterns for variety. Adhere paper flowers to chipboard. Insert two eyelets in opposite sides of each flower using Crop-A-Dile tool. Ink petal edges Aged Mahogany.
- 3. Using photo as a guide, follow Card Step 3 instructions to create an ATC for each petal. Stamp and mask images in this order: flower 1 is daisy, girl, garland, seed packet, chicken wire; flowers 2 and 4 are the same with flowers, sentiment, chicken wire; flower 3 is similar to card with boy, writing, chicken wire; flower 5 is boy, garland, seed packet, chicken wire.
- 4. Cut five 2-1/2"x3-1/2" cranberry cardstock mats. Adhere ATCs to mats and to flower centers.
- 5. Cut 2-1/2"-yard ribbon length and thread through eyelets as shown for hanger, twisting between flowers to add interest.