Vintage Cupid Tag
Samp, Scrap n' More
Vintage Cupid Tag
- Ranger Inkssentials Surfaces Manila Tags #8
- Ribbons: black tulle, gold metallic, red stripe
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Stamp Sets: Love Struck, Odds & Ends, Mini Ornate
- Ranger Ink Pads: Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Barn Door, Fired Brick, and Aged Mahogany; Adirondack Pitch Black Pigment
- Ranger Adirondack Snow Cap Acrylic Paint Dabber
- Black embossing powder
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools: White Opaque Pen, Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- detail scissors, ruler, pencil, stapler, heat tool, sponge daubers
- 1. Dab tag edges with white paint; let dry.
- 2. Distress tag with Barn Door and Fired Brick inks, beginning with lightest ink application where Cupid will be stamped. To distress, apply first ink to surface in a circular motion using a sponge dauber. Working over craft sheet, begin dauber off edge of surface and work toward center. Ink should be darkest near edges and fade toward center. Apply second color in same way, applying color around edges of tag and leaving center light.
- 3. Stamp black Cupid image as shown. Stamp black flourishes in two opposite corners; heat emboss with black powder. Stamp and emboss black sentiment below Cupid.
- 4. Overstamp bottom half and upper right corner of tag with Aged Mahogany text background.
- 5. Stamp and emboss black heart onto second tag; overstamp with Aged Mahogany text. Stamp Aged Mahogany Happy Valentine's ticket onto same tag. Detail cut images and staple to Cupid tag; staple tulle to heart. Detail images with white pen; let dry.
- 6. Thread ribbons through top of tag.
- 1. Adhere tag to a 5"x7" card for a ready-to-mail Valentine greeting, or join several tags on a metal ring to create a fun mini book.