Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Soft Black; Parchment; Country Red; Emperor's Gold; Shimmering Silver
Patterned paper scraps
Rubber stamps: rooster; fleur de lis; numbers; small script alphabet
Black pigment ink pad
Heavy-duty tools: wire snips; staple gun
Aleene's (iLoveToCreate): Original Tacky Glue; Memory Glue
1. Paint frame Parchment. Lightly sand to distress. Paint two 1/2" circles and 12 clothespins Country Red; 12 clothespins Shimmering Silver; appliqué Emperor's Gold; remaining wooden pieces Soft Black. When Soft Black pieces are dry, randomly rub surface with wax candle, then paint Parchment. Lightly sand edges to reveal distressed finish.
2. Stamp 1-24 on 1" wooden circles. Use large number stamps for 25 on 3-1/2" circle. Stamp fleur de lis and roosters or other image on remainder of parchment pieces. Use alphabet stamps to stamp "joyeux noel" or other sentiment on wooden appliqué.
3. Use paper trimmer to cut patterned paper scraps to same size as clothespins. Use Memory Glue to adhere papers to clothepins. If needed, sand edges of paper even with clothespins.
4. Glue wooden number pieces and some image pieces to clothespins, using photo as guide.
5. Wearing gloves, use heavy-duty wire snips to cut chicken wire to fit frame. Staple wire to back of frame, making sure wire ends do not show at front sides of frame. Glue 1/2" red circles to left and right ends of appliqué. Use furniture tacks and hammer to place appliqué at top center of frame. Clip numbers and images to wire.