Pattern - Christmas on the Edge
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Trace each page twice onto black cardstock and once onto chipboard; two pieces of poster board can be cut and glued together to replace chipboard. Glue layers together to make seven album pages and paint edges with black paint dabber; let dry.
- 2. Using photo and patterns as guide, stamp and white emboss images on each page.
- 3. To create custom embossing powder, mix three Distress shades in small container. Randomly apply embossing ink to edges of photos using foam pad, sprinkle with powder and heat set. Designer Tip: Do not use irreplaceable photos; this technique will distress photos and create bubbles for aged look. Adhere photos to pages; add journaling with white pen.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to punch holes and bind album. Tie ribbon and yarn to binding.
- 5. Designer Tip: To create a custom album using any stamps, stamp images on scrap pieces of paper, then trim around edges, leaving wide "tab" at left side. To create page patterns, begin with pages of same length, then attach stamped images to right edge of each page, maneuvering placement until pleased with effect. Trim excess from patterns as needed.