Pattern - ATCs - Beyond Trading: Sweet Fairy Eyelet Ornament
- 1. Stamp fairy, bird and "sweet" onto gloss paper scraps using Jet Black; heat set. Use foam nibs to apply Distress Inks to fairy as follows: skin Tattered Rose; cheeks Worn Lipstick; hair Scattered Straw and Mustard Seed; eyes Broken China; wings Spiced Marmalade, Broken China and Faded Jeans. Color "sweet" Antique Linen. Color bird Antique Linen, Broken China and Spiced Marmalade. Cut out images; ink edges Black Soot.
- 2. Cut 2-1/4"x3-1/4" watercolor paper ATC base and 2-1/2"x3-1/2" metallic gold card stock mat. Rub Adirondack dye pads directly onto craft sheet without overlapping. Mist craft sheet and watercolor paper with water, then drag paper through ink to create marbled effect; heat set.
- 3. Use blending tool to apply Pitch Black and Metallic Gold alcohol inks to cardstock mat to create antique look. Adhere ATC layers. Adhere glossy images to ATC. Adhere bead trim along back bottom edge.
- 4. Print and cut out pattern. Cut box from glossy paper, cutting on solid lines and using craft knife for detailed areas. Score box on dashed lines using paper creaser and ruler. Using ink applicator and a twisting motion, apply Raspberry and Wild Plum alcohol inks to glossy side of box. Apply Metallic Gold and blending solution to applicator; add highlights to box. If desired, repeat on non-glossy side for finished look.
- 5. Fold box, folding all tabs to inside; do not glue box yet. Using Big Bite, punch two holes at dots indicated on pattern and set eyelets in holes. Glue ATC to box front.
- 6. Squirt small amounts of alcohol inks and mixative into plastic bag, Cut 7" pearl string length and place in bag; squish around with fingers to create matching ornament hanger. Remove string and heat set. Insert ends through holes in box; knot ends and apply Fray Check.
- 7. Using original pattern as guide, glue tab 1 to back bottom edge of box front. Glue tab 2 to box bottom. Apply dot of glue to each small tab and fold side flaps in to complete box.