Better Backgrounds: Perfectly Dramatic Black
Shining Ornament Card
Basic Black Card
- Cardstock: metallic gold; turquoise; teal
- Inkssentials Black Gloss Paper (Ranger)
- Glitter Ornaments Peel-Off Stickers (The Paper Studio, Hobby Lobby)
- Perfect Pearls pigments (Ranger): Turquoise; Forever Blue; Forever Violet; Forever Green; Berry Twist; Perfect Bronze; Perfect Gold; Perfect Copper; Sunflower Sparkle
- Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink pad (Ranger)
- Inkssentials line (Ranger): Non-Stick Craft Sheet; Mini Mister; Heatit Craft Tool
- General Instructions
- 1. Spoon small amount of Perfect Pearls onto craft sheet. Spritz with water and stir to create thin paint.
- 2. Mist black gloss paper lightly with water and press into paint with a twisting motion. Heat set with craft tool to speed drying. For added texture, blot moist surface with paper towel before heat setting.
- 3. Continue until desired coverage is achieved. Apply Black Soot ink to edges of panel for finished look.
- Shining Ornament Card
- 1. Cut papers as follows: 3-1/2"x5-1/4" and 4-1/2"x6-1/4" gloss paper; 3-3/4"x5-1/2" metallic gold cardstock; 6-1/4"x9" teal cardstock. Score and fold largest piece to create 4-1/2"x6-1/4" side-fold card.
- 2. Refer to general instructions to apply Turquoise, Perfect Copper and Sunflower Sparkle pigments to craft sheet. Follow General Instructions to create background on smallest gloss paper panel.
- 3. Adhere layers together as shown; adhere to card front. Apply stickers to background panel.
- Basic Black Card
- 1. Cut papers as follows: 4-1/2" and 5-1/2" gloss paper squares; 4-3/4" metallic gold cardstock square; 5-1/2"x11" turquoise cardstock. Score and fold largest piece to create 5-1/2"-square top-fold card.
- 2. Refer to general instructions to apply pigments to craft sheet, omitting Perfect Copper and Sunflower Sparkle. Follow General Instructions to create backgrounds on both gloss paper panels.
- 3. Adhere layers together as shown; adhere to card front. Embellish, if desired.