Uncle Sam Windsock
size: 18" tall
Uncle Sam Windsock
- Recycled 2L plastic bottle
- Craft foam: peach, red, white, blue
- Dark blue ribbon, 18" length
- White curling ribbon
- Pink pom-pom, 1"
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Rhinestone stars, 10
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Paints: Medium Flesh, Baby Pink, Snow White; StarLite Varnish
- DecoArt Americana Writer: Christmas Red
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- scissors, ruler, clothespins, sponge scrap or foam brush, paintbrush, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Wash and dry plastic bottle. Let dry. Measure 5" from bottom of bottle and cut top portion. Recycle bottom portion of bottle.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint bottle Snow White. Let dry. Paint face area Medium Flesh. Let dry.
- 3. For ears, measure and cut two 3" ovals from peach craft foam.
- 4. Measure and cut 24" white curling ribbon lengths. Glue one end of ribbon on sides and bottom of face (for beard). Let dry. Use scissors to curling other end of ribbons.
- 5. Use sponge scrap to apply varnish on ears and head. Let dry.
- 6. Use black marker to add details on ears. Glue ears on sides of head.
- 7. Use Christmas Red writer to draw smile on face. Paint cheeks Baby Pink. Let dry.
- 8. Glue pom-pom (nose) and eyes on face. For eyebrows, cut two 1"-lengths from curling ribbon. Glue eyebrows above eyes.
- 9. For hat brim, measure and cut 6" blue craft foam circle. Cut 5-1/4" circle from center of blue circle. Position hat brim over head. Spot glue.
- 10. For hat stripes, cut six 1-1/2"-wide red and white craft foam strips. Glue strips, alternating colors, around top of head. Let dry.
- 11. For hat band, glue blue ribbon around top of hat brim. Let dry. Glue rhinestones, evenly spaced, on hat band. Let dry.
- 12. For hanger, measure and cut 24" curling ribbon length. Tie curling ribbon around neck of bottle (in hat).