Pattern - Uncle Sam Centerpiece & Favors
- 1. On covered work surface, paint top half of canister and tubes (hat) Ultra Deep Blue and bottom half of canister and tubes (face) Flesh Tone. Paint wooden stars and dowels Primary Red. Let dry.
- 2. On recycled cereal box, trace 4" circle (centerpiece hat brim) and 3" circle on center of hat brim. Cut out center circle. Trace 3" circle (favor hat brim) and 2" circle on center of hat brim. Cut out center circle. Paint hat brims Ultra Blue Deep. Position hat brims on area between hat and face. Spot glue.
- 3. For hat stripes, measure and cut six 1/2"x4" (centerpiece) and six 1/4"x2-1/2" (favors) strips from white cardstock. For hat bands, cut 1"x8" (centerpiece) and 1/2"x6" (favors) strips from white cardstock.
- 4. Use black marker to outline stripes, bands, and stars. Glue stripes, bands, and stars on centerpiece and favors.
- 5. Glue wiggle eyes on faces. Dot noses Primary Red. Let dry.
- 6. For hair and beards, coil chenille stems into spirals. Glue spirals on lower part and sides of faces. For centerpiece mustache and eyebrows, bunch small amount chenille stem lengths together. Glue below nose and above eyes.
- 7. Print out pattern. Cut slit at top and bottom of pennant. Apply foam stickers on center to spell "USA."
- 8. Insert wooden dowels in slits on pennants. Position pennants in centerpiece. Add silver tissue paper to centerpiece and favors. Add wrapped chocolates to favors.