Cardstock or construction paper: red, blue, white, black
Fibre-Crafts School Alphabet Craft Foam Letters
School-themed print paper
White index cards, two (for each student)
Metal book rings, two 1-1/4”
Ribbon: red, black, blue (or school colors)
Photos of students, 4”x6”
Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker
1. For covers, measure and cut two 5"x7" rectangles from recycled cereal box. Measure and cut two 6-1/2"x8" rectangles from school-print paper. Glue print paper on one side of cover, creasing edges and gluing towards inside edges. Measure and cut two 4-1/2"x6-1/2" black cardstock rectangles. Glue rectangles on center of inside covers. Let dry.
2. For front cover, measure and cut 2-1/2"x6" red and 2"x5-1/2" white paper rectangles. Glue red rectangle on front of cover and white rectangle on center of red rectangle. Press alphabet stickers on cover to spell "goodbye".
3. For inside pages, measure and cut 5"x7" white and blue paper rectangles. Stack cover and pages together; use hole punch to punch two holes through covers and pages. Insert rings through holes.
4. Measure and cut eight 4" lengths of red, black, and blue ribbon. Tie ribbon lengths around rings.
5. Have each student write message to teacher on white index card. Glue index cards on left pages in book.
6. Glue blank index cards onto right side of pages. Glue photo on center of index card. Measure and cut 3/4"-wide white paper strips. Write student's name on white strip. Glue strip below photo.