Pattern - Santa's Beard Countdown
- 1. Adults, help kids when using craft knife, computer and printer, and die cut machine.
- 2. Cut foam board to 12"x20" using craft knife.
- 3. Use paper trimmer to cut papers to following dimensions: green striped, 12"x9-1/2"; red print, 2-1/2"x12"; peppermint candy, 8-1/2"x12". Use paper glue to adhere papers onto foam board as shown.
- 4. Use 7" circle template to trace circle on beige cardstock (for face).
- 5. Print out patterns. Cut patterns from cardstock. Cut two 1/2"x1-1/2" eyebrows and 1-1/2"x6-3/4" hat band from white cardstock. Use black marker to outline shapes. Adhere Santa's face and hat on top of foam board using paper glue. Adhere eyebrows, eyes, mustache, and nose on face. Let dry.
- 6. Use die cut machine and dies to cut bag pieces, two flowers, and leaf cluster from paper. Assemble bag according to manufacturer's instructions and adhere edges with tacky line rolls. Use die cut machine and number dies to cut "2" and "4" from black cardstock.
- 7. On covered work surface, paint recycled box and one flower Primary Red. Paint remaining flower and leaf cluster Foliage Green. Assemble pieces in layers and adhere using paper glue.
- 8. Coat front of box with varnish; while still wet, sprinkle with glitter. Adhere box to foam board using paper glue.
- 9. Use computer and printer to print poem onto 8-1/2"x11" beige cardstock. Trim edges; adhere onto bottom of foam board using paper glue. Add cotton balls to box. Use glue dots to adhere cotton balls onto beard.