Pattern - Papier-Mâché Koru Bowl
- 1. On covered work surface, cover back of ceramic bowl with plastic wrap. Tape ends on inside of bowl.
- 2. In plastic bowl, mix 1 cup flour with 2/3 cup water. Mix until cake batter consistency.
- 3. Cut newspapers into 1"-wide strips. Dip newspaper strips into flour mixture; press across ceramic bowl, covering all areas. Continue adding newspaper strips, alternating directions, until four layers have been added on bowl. Let bowl dry overnight.
- 4. Remove papier-mâché bowl from ceramic bowl. Remove plastic wrap from ceramic bowl.
- 5. Paint papier-mâché bowl White Wash. Let dry. Paint inside of bowl Sapphire Blue and bottom of bowl Lamp Black. Let dry.
- 6. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer design onto side of bowl. Paint design Lamp Black. Let dry.