Nature's Glow Candle Shade
This hurricane lamp, decorated with rice paper and pressed maple leaves, turns an ordinary rainy night into an autumn celebration.
- Glass candle shade, 3” diameter, 7-1/2” tall
- Pressed or preserved maple leaves, 2-1/2” to 3”-wide, eight
- Rice paper, 8”x11-1/2” sheet
- Votive candle or any candle of similar size
- Plaid Mod Podge Découpage Medium
- Sponge brush, 1”-wide
- Craft glue
- 1. Wash and dry candle shade. Place shade on rice paper; roll paper around shade to measure. Mark paper with pencil and cut to size.
- 2. Mix 1 teaspoon thick craft glue with 3 teaspoons water. Use sponge brush to apply glue to shade. Place shade on rice paper and roll, pressing paper tightly against shade. Brush glue over paper-covered shade and let dry slightly.
- 3. Working with one leaf at a time, spread glue on back of leaf and press onto shade, holding leaf in place for a few seconds to set. Repeat with remaining leaves and let dry. Following manufacturer's instructions, brush shade with découpage medium, thoroughly coating leaves. Let dry.
- 4. Place candle shade over votive candle.