Joy & Merry ATC Shrines
Joy & Merry ATC Shrines
- Coffee Break Design ATC Shrine (#908), two (available from www.retrocafeart.com)
- White board artist trading card
- Maid-o’-Metal Copper Tooling Foil, 36-gauge
- Used tea bags, two
- Bo Bunny Snowfall Collection: Trinkets, Buttons
- Copper alphabet/number charms
- Miniatures: white mushroom bird, Prima Cradle Robin Nest
- Natural excelsior
- Heat tool
- Die-cutting/embossing system and Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades December Calendar & Holiday Words Embossing Folders
- Hero Arts Stamps: Collage Merry Christmas, Collage Christmas Joy
- Clearsnap ColorBox Donna Salazar Mix’d Media Inx Leather Ink Pad
- Marvy Uchida White Liquid Appliqué
- Maid-o’-Metal Liver of Sulphur
- Spray snow paint
- Matte spray sealer
- Adhesives: double-sided tape, clear dots, wood glue, liquid glue, glue gun
- scissors, ruler, pencil, foam paintbrush, safety glasses, rubber gloves, cotton balls
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to assemble shrines with wood glue; let dry.
- 2. Empty and rinse tea bags; let dry. Carefully separate seams to create paper sheets.
- 3. Cut 2-1/2"x3-1/2" atc from chipboard. Apply very thin layer of liquid glue to each ATC using foam brush. Press tea bag paper to surface, allowing paper to extend beyond edges.
- 4. Stamp desired collage image using Leather ink. See Photo 1.
- 5. Gently smooth tea bag paper against surface. Quickly peel back or tear excess paper along edges of ATC to reveal surface underneath. Smooth paper edges flat; let dry completely.
- 1. Paint sides, edges, and back of shrine with liquid appliqué; let dry completely. Use heat tool to "puff" paint.
- 2. Adhere ATC into shrine slot. Adhere bird to top shelf, excelsior and nest to middle shelf, and twigs to bottom shelf.
- 3. Cut copper foil to fit Holiday Words embossing folder; emboss. Cut "Joy" from sheet; rub with cotton ball dipped in Liver of Sulphur. Let dry. Adhere word to chipboard sheet; trim, leaving narrow chipboard border. Ink edges Leather.
- 4. Adhere copper "C" charm and foil word to top of shrine.
- 1. Spray shrine with spray snow; let dry. Spray with sealer; let dry.
- 2. Adhere ATC into shrine slot. Adhere number charms and metal snowflake to top shelf; adhere metal snowflakes and buttons to middle shelf. Separate one cotton ball to create fluffy faux snow; adhere to bottom shelf.
- 3. Repeat Joy Step 3 to create "Merry" embellishment; adhere to top of shrine.
- 1. For a more colorful effect, dye tea bag paper by placing it into water tinted with re-inker. Stamp paper with black or opaque white ink for contrast.