1. Seal flower pot with one coat of varnish or sealer using 1” flat brush and let dry completely. Apply light wash of Vintage White using 1” flat brush. Lightly load 5/8” stencil brush with Steel Gray and apply random areas of paint over flower pot. Stipple small areas Medium Gray using ½” stencil brush over Steel Gray painted areas. Stipple Marsh Fern and Clover lightly with 3/8” stencil brush. Let dry completely.
2. Photocopy or trace close-up photo of rose to trace onto flower pot using stylus and graphite paper.
3. Basecoat rose and rosebuds Pink using ½” angle brush. Allow roses to dry then shade with ½” angle brush side-loaded with Black Cherry. Shade leaf area around rose Ash and then Thicket using ¾” angle brush. Let dry. Use short strokes to paint in leaves Thicket using ½” angle brush. Highlight leaves using ½” angle brush side-loaded with Marsh Fern (refer to close-up photo and step-by-step sheet).
4. Highlight petals on rose and rosebuds using ½” angle side-loaded with Titanium White. Dot centers of rose and rosebud Midnight using #1 round liner and highlight with small dots of Sunflower. Load #1 Round with Thicket that has been thinned with water to an ink-like consistency. Line center of leaves and add stems and calyxes to rosebuds. Add tendrils using thinned Black Cherry loaded in a #1 round brush. Dot three Midnight dot clusters near roses using the end of stylus. Allow dots to dry completely then place smaller Sea Mist dots on top using smaller end of stylus (refer to close-up photo and step-by-step sheet).
5. Apply varnish or outdoor sealer with 1” flat brush to seal the piece. Let dry.