This idea is a bonus project from our Garden 2017 issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Trim book papers to fit inside the shadowbox. Layer together with Art-C Gel Paste, leaving one corner free of paste and using paint brush handle to curl paper. Create many layers. Let dry. Paint one layer with watered down Turquoise Ultra Chalk Paint and stick in middle of stack.
2. Paint top edge of shadowbox black, and use the fine detail tip of the Art-C Black Ultra Chalk Paint to add evenly spaced dots around top edge. Let dry completely. Paint the outside of the box black. Let dry.
3. Paint the inside Art-C Turquoise Ultra Chalk Paint. Let dry.
4. Use a dry brush to apply Art-C Gold Wax Paste to raised paint dots and let cure.
5. Adhere stack of papers as shown with foam dots. Splatter white and turquoise paint.
6. Add clear glitter here and there using craft glue.
7. Attach twigs using hot glue.
8. Paint wood letters turquoise. Let dry.
9. Add several layers of foam dots to bird and attach as shown. Adhere letters.
10. Add the little bird from the Book Paper and the words “little bird.”
11. Add additional twigs or glitter as desired.