Basswood slats ¼”x3”x24”, six
Basswood strips ¼”x1”x24”, four
Design Master TintIT 533 Sunflower and 530 Pinkolicious
Small nails/braids, 54
Picture hanging kit
1. Sand wood slats until surface is smooth. Wipe away dust.
2. Prepare protected surface to spray wood slats wearing latex gloves.
3. Closely spray TintIT Sunflower on slat surface and sides. Let spray puddle and wet wood surface.
Immediately wipe TintIT into wood with paper towel while color is still wet. Apply more TintIT and wipe again onto missed areas. Let dry. This application enhances the wood grain. Color four of the six slats Sunflower in this method.
4. Color two unfinished wood slats in the same manner using TintIT Pinkolicious.
5. Set aside one of the yellow stained wood slats. Mist second yellow slat with second coat of Sunflower from 15" away. Even out wood color by misting areas that might look lighter. To deepen the yellow, evenly mist whole slat. These two slats will be the top two rungs on the pallet.
6. Lightly mist remaining two stained yellow slats with Pinkolicious from 15" away. The colors will blend to make a light coral hue. Keep one of these slats light in value to use as the third rung on pallet.
Mist second coat of Pinkolicious to other slat to deepen color. If desired, mist with Sunflower to balance coral color. This will be used for the fourth rung on the pallet.
7. Spray two slats Pinkolicious from 15" away for bottom two rungs. Mist last rung again with Pinkolicious to deepen the pink; evenly mist the whole slat. Let dry.
8. After slats have dried, sand wood to remove impurities caught in the spray, but not the color.
9. To assemble pallet, nail two 1” wide strips together to make thicker. Align strips 1/2” in from the edge of the tinted slats and nail rungs to wood strip.
10. Attach picture hanging kit to backside. Keep wire tight to hide behind slat. Attach to wall; arrange air plants between rungs and Enjoy!