This idea was originally published in our 2016 Fall issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. (Note: Wash brush before changing colors.) Dab on two coats of Yellow Frost Gloss Enamels on two ivy bowls using cosmetic sponge. Let first coat dry before applying second coat.
2. Print full-size patterns here. Cut face pattern and tape inside one of the ivy bowls. Outline owl face Indian Turquoise and fill in with #8 round. Paint beak Bright Orange with #8 round. Let dry.
3. Outline eyes White and fill in with #8 round. Add details above and around eyes with White using same brush.
4. Use #8 round brush to paint the following: pupils black; around pupils and dots Indian Turquoise; and eyes black.
5. Paint belly black on second ivy bowl with #8 round as shown. Paint two coats of Glass Chalkboard Paint on belly with cosmetic sponge. Paint feet Bright Orange with #8 round.
6. Refer to pattern and paint outer part of wings Indian Turquoise with #8 flat. Paint inner part of wings White with #8 flat and paint details White with #8 round. Let dry.
7. Place head on top of body as shown.