Snowmen Treat Boxes
size: 3" diameter
Snowmen Treat Boxes
- Papier-mâché round boxes, 3”, three
- Loew-Cornell Woodsies: large teardrops, three; mini craft sticks, three; large heart; small star; large rectangle; craft stick
- Homespun fabric, 1-1/2”x12”, three
- Red tinsel pom-pom, 1/2”
- Turquoise pom-pom, 1”, two
- Gold wire, 20-gauge, 15” length
- Silver snowflake stickers, four
- White cord, 12” lengths, three
- Circle punch, 1/8 "
- Dynasty Black Gold Paintbrushes: Liner 10/0, Wash 5/8", Shader 3/8"
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Blue Chiffon, Grape Juice, Irish Moss, Lamp Black, Primary Yellow, Sapphire, Snow White, Tangelo Orange Red chalk or blush
- Adhesives: API’s Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! Glue, fabric glue
- fine point black marker, pencil
- 1. Paint lids Snow White. Paint inside, outside, and bottoms of box Blue Chiffon. Paint simple snowflakes using Snow White with liner on outside of box bottoms. Stick one or two snowflake stickers on inside bottom box.
- 2. Dip brush handle into Lamp Black; dot two eyes on each box 1" from top.
- 3. Paint teardrops Tangelo Orange, rectangle and craft stick Grape Juice, one craft stick mini Irish Moss, two mini craft sticks and star Primary Yellow, and heart Sapphire. Outline all shapes with black marker except mini craft sticks. Add carrot lines. Draw wiggly smiles.
- 4. Rub chalk into cheeks in circular motion. Adhere carrot noses. Coil wire around pencil or paintbrush, pull out, and adhere to head. Adhere turquoise pompoms to ends of wire.
- 5. For purple hat, adhere craft stick to bottom of rectangle. Adhere green mini craft stick and star to hat. For blue hat, adhere two yellow mini craft sticks to heart. Use marker to draw hat lines on craft sticks. Adhere red pompom to top of hat. Adhere hats to heads.
- 6. Fringe ends of fabric and tie into bow or half bow. Trim. Adhere to lid.
- 7. For hanger, place lid on box and make pencil dot on box close to lid. Remove lid and punch hole on dot. Push ends of cord into hole and knot inside box.