Pattern - Mixed Media Holiday House Pillow
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Use tracing and transfer paper to transfer basic outlines onto patterned fabrics. Cut out with scissors.
- 2. Apply decoupage medium to pillow front using 12" flat. Press house fabric onto pillow; apply additional coat of decoupage medium to fabric adhering to pillow front.
- 3. Apply decoupage medium to pillow for roof and chimney using 12" flat. Press roof and chimney fabrics onto pillow; apply additional coat of decoupage medium to fabric adhering to pillow front.
- 4. Basecoat square portion of house (2:1) mixture of watered down Titanium White + Cobalt Teal Hue using 12" flat. Let dry.
- 5. Cut out bird from gray/white plaid fabric using scissors.
- 6. Apply decoupage medium to pillow for door. Layer door, wreath, and bird fabrics onto pillow front; apply additional coat of decoupage medium to fabric adhering layers to pillow front. Let dry.
- 7. Apply fabric decoupage to pillow front for window. Press window fabric onto pillow; apply additional coat of decoupage medium to fabric adhering to pillow front. Adhere Christmas tree in lower part of window using decoupage medium.
- 8. Basecoat door and window frame (1:1) mixture of Titanium White + Cadmium Red Hue using #6 flat. Paint curtains on each side of window Yellow Oxide using #6 flat.
- 9. Apply decoupage medium to bottom left of pillow. Adhere bush to pillow front using decoupage medium.
- 10. Add Cadium Red Hue woodgrain lines to window and door frames using #1 round. Load Dark Grey Value 3 onto #1 round and add scallop line to roof bottom.
- 11. Apply decoupage medium above door; adhere house number to area. Paint "25" Cadmium Red Hue using #1 round; let dry. Apply decoupage medium to seal.
- 12. Dip handle end of #1 round into Cadmium Red Hue to make berries for wreath and bush. Wipe off handle.
- 13. Use leftover paint mix from Step 8 to paint "U" shapes in roof scallops. Add dots using handle end of #1 round using Titanium White, Cadmium Red Hue, Green Gold, and Cobalt Teal Hue on Christmas tree. Wipe handle before switching colors each time. Lightly dab Titanium White using 3/8" stencil for snow on chimney, roof, wreath, window frame, and bush.
- 14. Loosely outline house number Cadmium Red Hue using #1 round; add painted on stitches. Load #1 round with Carbon Black and loosely outline tree, window frame, door frame, scalloped roof, roof, and chimney. Add random
- 15. Adhere buttons to tree top and door knob
- 1. When tracing patterns, use back of fabric instead of front to prevent lines from showing.
- 2. Rinse brush after each use to avoid mixing colors and build up.