Silk Flower Angel Ornament
size: 4-1/2" tall
- White silk flower, 4”
- Feather angel wings or butterfly
- Wooden doll head/knob, 1” (Lara’s Crafts)
- Silver cardstock
- Lace trim, 1/2”, 2-1/2” length
- Gold ribbon, 5/16”, 12” length
- Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Black Opaque; Fleshtone; Straw; Think Pink!; White (Delta Creative)
- Paper Plus Tea Dye Varnish (Delta Creative)
- American Painter Paintbrushes: Round, Series 4000, #3; Shader, Series 4300, #3; Wash, Series 4550, 3/4” (Loew-Cornell)
- Quick Grip All-Purpose Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Pink blush
- Cotton-tip swab
- Wire cutters
- Wax paper
- 1. Cut stem to 3/4" from flower head. Place flower face down on work surface.
- 2. Trim wings to fit over underside of flower. Lay flat on wax paper.
- 3. Apply varnish to wings and flower with wash brush; let dry. Lightly brush random petals with white.
- 4. Randomly apply varnish to flower petals; let dry. Lightly brush random petals with white.
- 5. Use shader to paint doll head Fleshtone; let dry. Paint hair Straw.
- 6. Using handle end of round brush, apply white paint dots for eyes and pink dot for mouth; let dry. Apply black pupil dots to eyes. Highlight with white dots. Use cotton-tip swab to apply blush to cheeks.
- 7. Apply varnish to head; let dry.
- 8. Glue flower stem inside head and lace around neck.
- 9. For halo, cut 1" circle from cardstock; glue to back of head.
- 10. For hanger, fold ribbon in half and knot ends. Glue to back of halo.
- 11. Glue wings to back of halo.