DIY Chalkboard Tins
DIY Chalkboard Tins hold all of your craft buttons, embellishments, and more! These handy repurposed containers can be used for your craft room, as decorations, or even in your kitchen using just a few simple supplies.
- Repurposed metal tin with lid
- We R Memory Keepers Chevron Washi Tape
- Faber Castell Design Memory Craft: Gesso, Chalk Board Paint, Stamper’s Big White Pen
- Acrylic craft paint in color of choice
- White chalk (optional)
- paintbrush, craft mat, masking tape
- 1. Apply Gesso to tin body. Let dry thoroughly; repeat with second coat if desired.
- 2. Apply paint to tin body. Let dry thoroughly; repeat with second coat if desired.
- 3. Apply Gesso to tin or box lid, as in Step 1.
- 4. Apply chalkboard paint to lid. Let dry thoroughly; repeat with second coat.
- 5. Create pattern on tin body using washi and/or masking tape. Make sure tape is fully adhered to surface.
- 6. Apply chalkboard paint to tin over tape masks. Let dry thoroughly; repeat with second coat.
- 7. Peel off tape masks to reveal patterns.
- 8. Label lid with contents using Stamper's Big White Pen for permanent lettering or chalk for changeability.
- 1. This project is not limited to metal tins. Use your imagination on other kinds of lidded boxes: cardboard, papier-mache, balsa wood, and more!