Bridal Card Box
- Papier-mâché round hat box, 7-1/2”x13”
- Americana Acrylic Paints: Sand; Sable Brown (DecoArt)
- Pearlizing Medium (DecoArt)
- Glistening Gold Glitter Spray (Krylon)
- Oatmeal ribbon: San Marino, 1-1/2”, 6 yds.; satin, 5/8”, 6 yds.; grosgrain, 7/8”, 1/2 yd.
- Anna Griffin Stencil Décor: Garland Rhapsody (Plaid)
- Paintbrushes: Angular White Bristle, Series 985, 1”; Round Bristle, Series 325, #5, #10 (Royal & Langnickel)
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Craft knife
- 1. For card slot, draw 1"x8" rectangle with rounded corners on center top of box; use craft knife to cut out. Paint box lid, side, and bottom Sand. Spray paint box lid, side, and bottom Glistening Gold.
- 2. Mix one part Pearlizing medium with one part Sable Brown. Stencil garland symmetrically on both sides of opening on top of lid, and around side of box with mixture. Quick Tip: Dip dry round bristle brush or stencil brush in paint; wipe brush on paper towel until almost dry; then wipe brush back and forth lightly over stencil.
- 3. Fold grosgrain ribbon in half lengthwise. Wrap and glue ribbon over edges of lid opening with ribbon ends at rounded corners. Wrap and glue 1-1/2" and 5/8"-wide ribbon around side of lid, overlapping ends at center front or back.
- 4. For each box lid bow, work with 1-1/2" and 5/8" ribbons together as one. Cut 10" ribbon length. Glue ends of ribbon pieces together to make a tube. Wrap 4" ribbon length around center, gluing ends in back. Glue bows to ends of opening on lid.
- 5. For each box side bow, work with 1-1/2" and 5/8" ribbons together as one. Cut 10" and 14" ribbon lengths. Glue ends of ribbon pieces together to make a short and long tube. Glue short tube symmetrically on top of long tube with ends at center. Glue 10" ribbon length to back of long tube. Wrap 4" ribbon length around center of tube, gluing ends in back. Trim ends of 10" ribbon into "v". Glue bows to center front and back of lid.