Friendly Footprints Slumberbag & Cooler
Going to a sleepover with friends is sure way to cure the winter blues. Sponge stamps make this sleepover set a quick-and-easy project for kids of all ages - and they'll be the hit of the party!
- Nylon sleeping bag, any size
- Cooler, any size
- DecoArt Patio Paints: Summer Sky Blue, Citrus Green, Petunia Purple
- Compressed sponge, 5”x6”
- Paintbrushes: liner, pointed round, round scrubber, deerfoot stippler
- scissors, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Pattern - Friendly Footprints Slumberbag & Cooler
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Cut sponge as indicated; expand in water and squeeze out excess.
- 2. For slumberbag, load top half of one sponge with Summer Sky Blue and bottom half with Citrus Green. Load remaining sponge, reversing color order. Use photo as guide to stamp slumberbag.
- 3. Let stamped footprints dry for one minute, then use scrubber brush to tap a second coat of paint on footprints, gently blending colors. Use liner to outline footprints and add toe lines. If desired, add movement lines and accent dots.
- 4. Stamp cooler in same way, using Citrus Green and Petunia Purple, and stippler brush to add second coat of paint.
- Other Options
- 1. Use a fabric paint pen to personalize items with names.
- 2. Have sleepover guests "sign" items (using liner brush and paint or fabric paint pen) or write special messages.
- 3. Use same technique to decorate beach towels, tote bags, backpacks, blankets, or other surfaces.