Festive Pen-touch Doodled Ornaments
Sakura of America
Turn inexpensive glass ornaments into something unique using Pen-touch Markers and acrylic paint. Personalize ornaments with the recipient's name or pair simple designs with bright paint for a real "WOW" factor. The paint-like Pen-touch is easy to use and gives rich opaque results.
- Sakura Pen-touch Black Paint Marker
- Acrylic paint
- Empty egg carton (optional)
- plastic straw, toothpick, scrap paper
- 1. Remove hanger/cover from top of ornament.
- 2. Pour small amount of paint into ornament, taking care not to get any on outside of ornament. (Note: Depending on size of paint bottle spout and ornament opening, it may be helpful to use a plastic straw as a funnel. An empty egg carton works great to hold ornaments as you work.)
- 3. Roll ornament to distribute paint as desired along inside areas.
- 4. Use plastic straw or toothpick to pop any air bubbles.
- 5. Replace the hanger/cover on top of ornament.
- 6. Sketch doodles on scrap paper to determine desired design.
- 7. Using sketch as guide, decorate outside of ornament using Pen-touch Paint Markers. (Note: The permanent, opaque ink gives a glossy finish that writes beautifully on glass. Regular permanent markers will not give the same opaque results as this valve action paint marker.)
- 8. Personalize ornaments with your favorite pattern, year, or names of family members. Journal favorite memories and add new ones each Christmas.
- 1. For this project, cheaper acrylic paint is better. Less expensive brands are thinner and spread more easily.
- 2. Clear glass ornaments can be found almost anywhere during the holidays, including most dollar stores.
- 1. Visit youtube.com/watch?v=VVXNeRboIrg&feature=share&list=PLDDC2AD5FBB888D72 for a video on this fun project.