Pattern - Chunky Snowman Ornament
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Drill 1/16" hole in top center of beehive (for eye screw) and at two side places marked on pattern for arms.
- 2. Transfer main pattern lines. Basecoat snowman Titanium White, scarf Mint Julep Green and jacket Baby Blue.
- 3. Shade jacket next to scarf, down sides, around tails of scarf and middle jacket section with Uniform Blue. Shade snowman's face next to scarf and on snowman's body along bottom edge of jacket with Khaki Tan. Transfer remaining details.
- 4. Basecoat pocket Mint Julep Green, nose Georgia Clay and candy cane Titanium White. Basecoat stripes on candy cane Country Red.
- 5. Shade sides of main scarf section, small fold at top of scarf and lines to bring out top scarf section with Green Mist. Shade in line to separate main section from back flap. Dot scarf Uniform Blue. Shade sides of pocket and very lightly shade in lines of candy cane that continue "inside" the pocket with Green Mist. Paint scarf fringe Mint Julep Green.
- 6. Dot eyes, line eyebrow, apply center line down jacket and dot buttons Lamp Black. Use Titanium White to place tiny dots in eyes, add thread lines to buttons and highlight the left side of the candy cane (only the part showing above pocket).
- 7. For arms, cut two 2" lengths from 20-gauge silver wire and fold each length in half. Squeeze folded ends together tightly. Use E6000 to glue folded wire ends into holes. Twist wires to form arm shapes. Trim lengths if needed. Glue eye screw into top snowman hole.
- 8. Use silver wire length to poke hole through STYROFOAM™ ball. Lightly paint surface with craft glue and sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- 9. Cut a 6" length from 24-gauge wire and fold in half. Thread bicone, STYROFOAM ball and remaining bicone onto wire length. Thread wire through eye screw and back through beads and STYROFOAM ball. Form small loop at top and trim excess wire.