Pattern - Winter Birch Trees
- 1. Remove handle, knob, and liner from ice bucket. Sand surface with medium grit sandpaper; wipe dust. Use foam brush and Gesso to prime bucket and finial. Let dry. Sand lightly with fine grit sand paper; wipe dust. Base Warm White. Print patterns; lightly transfer birch tree outlines and ground lines. Lighten lines with eraser.
- Painting Instructions
- 1. Refer to Painting Chart.
- 1. Use angular shaders and sheer Ice Blue Dark to float along left side of birch tree and in upper corners of bucket; mop to soften. Use angular shaders to shade Clay Bisque along top of snow bank for horizon; mop to soften. Repeat with Raw Sienna. Use liner to paint distant grasses with thinned Raw Sienna. Use thinned Raw Umber to paint small trees.
- Birch Tree
- 1. Use angular shaders and Icy White to highlight along right sides. Use mix of Icy White + tch. if Ice Blue Dark to shade along left side. Use round brush to wash sheer Clay Bisque horizontally down center; mop to soften. Use liner and round brush, and equal mix of thinned Clay Bisque + Raw Sienna to add details to trunks; deepen some details with thinned Raw Umber. Use thinned Raw Umber to add "carved heart and initials". Paint branches Raw Umber. Use angular shaders and sheer mix of Ice Blue + tch. of Raw Umber to separate trunks at their base.
- 1. Use angular shaders and Icy White to shade snow and Titanium White to highlight snow.
- 1. Load liner heavily with Gesso to add "snow mounds" on branches and twigs. Use ultra sheer mix of Ice Blue Dark and tch. of Raw Umber to paints shadows. Spatter entire surface with Gesso.
- 2. Apply several varnish coats.