size: 9-3/4" tall
- Wooden birdhouse, 9-3/4” tall
- Wooden items: flowers, 3-1/2”, two; button plug, 3/8”; flat circle, 1”; button circle, 1”; candle cups, 1”, four
- Glass knob (with screw)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Bright Yellow, Carousel Pink, Citron Green, Foliage Green, Hauser Medium Green, Indian Turquoise, Lamp Black, Lemonade, Pink Chiffon, Poodleskirt Pink, Tuscan Red, Snow White, Whispering Turquoise
- Loew Cornell La Corneille Golden Taklon Paintbrushes: Series 7000 Round #4, Series 7400 Angular Shader 1/4”, Series 7500 Glaze/Wash 3/4”, Series 7300 Shader #4, Series 7050 Script Liner 18/0
- DecoArt Americana: Multi-Purpose Sealer, Glazing Medium, Matte Varnish
- Drill with small bit
- Beacon Adhesives 527 Multi-Use Glue
- pencil, palette, container of water, sandpaper, soft cloth, fine-tip black pen, stylus, newspaper (to cover work surface), double-sided tape
- 1. To shade, use mixture of paint and Glazing Medium on tip of angular shader.
- 1. Basecoat birdhouse and wooden pieces with sealer using glaze/wash. Let dry. Lightly sand and remove dust.
- 2. Using glaze/wash, basecoat as follows: roof of birdhouse Pink Chiffon, inside of hole on birdhouse Carousel Pink, body of birdhouse Lemonade, and flowers Whispering Turquoise. Let dry. Using round, basecoat as follows: 1" flat circle (flower center) Bright Yellow, 1" button circle (flower center) and candle cups (feet) Poodleskirt Pink, 3/8" button plug (ladybug) Tuscan Red. Let dry.
- 3. Paint checks around edges of roof and on bottom of birdhouse Citron Green using shader. Let dry.
- 4. Shade flowers Indian Turquoise using angular shader.
- 5. Paint Lamp Black line down center of ladybug using liner; add "v" detail on bottom of ladybug body. Dot ladybug Lamp Black using stylus. Let dry. Dot ladybug head Lamp Black using end of paintbrush handle. Let dry.
- 6. Shade pink flower center Carousel Pink using angular shader. Let dry. Dot pink flower center and candle cup feet Citron Green using stylus. Let dry.
- 7. Using 527 glue, adhere yellow flower center on flower and flowers onto birdhouse. Refer to photo for placement. Adhere ladybug, pink flower center, and candle cup feet onto birdhouse. Let dry.
- 8. Paint petal lines from pink flower center Snow White using liner. Dot lines Snow White using stylus. Let dry. Add Carousel Pink highlight dots around edges of flower center. Let dry.
- 9. Paint Snow White "u"-shaped lines on petals on blue flower on side of birdhouse using liner. Let dry. Add Bright Yellow dots on center of blue flower on front of birdhouse using stylus. Let dry.
- 10. Lightly draw stem and leaves on flowers on birdhouse using pencil. Basecoat leaves Foliage Green using round. Paint stems Foliage Green using liner. Let dry. Apply second coat if needed. Let dry. Shade bottom of leaves Hauser Medium Green using angular shader. Let dry. Add Lemonade veins on leaves using liner. Let dry.
- 11. Use black pen to draw ladybug antenna and add dashed flight line below body.
- 12. Spray birdhouse with varnish. Let dry. Apply second coat of varnish.
- 13. Drill hole on front of birdhouse. Screw glass knob into hole.
- 1. For ease when painting edges on wooden items, apply double-sided tape to back of item and press on newspaper.