Pattern - Village Mantel Clock
- 1. Remove clock and set aside. Seal and sand each surface; wipe dust. Base entire village piece Bleached Sand. Dampen sea sponge with Glazing Medium, pick up a bit of Desert Sand, and lightly sponge village piece. Repeat with a bit of Khaki Tan. Base roofs Burnt Umber and chimneys Traditional Burnt Sienna. Shade chimneys Antique Maroon and add Melon mortar lines. Base sidewalk (clock base) Driftwood.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic details onto village piece, omitting inside window details at this point.
- 1. Wash each Burnt Umber, then shade along inside edges. Add Warm White shine lines.
- Antique Shop
- 1. Use Traditional Burnt Sienna to base window trims, door, and shutters; shade Antique Maroon and dry brush Melon highlights. Paint "Antiques" word Antique Maroon.
Planter In Window
Planter In Window
- 2. Transfer window details. Base window shelves Bleached Sand; shade Plantation Pine and highlight Warm White along top edge. Shade again with mix of Plantation Pine + tch. of Burnt Umber. Base column plant stand and hat stand Warm White; shade Mississippi Mud and use same color to add column lines. Base hat Winter Blue; shade Williamsburg Blue and highlight Blue Chiffon. Paint hat band Tomato Red. For picture on wall, base sky area Williamsburg Blue; use "dabby" strokes of Plantation Pine and Celery Green for ground and trees, and Antique Rose and Golden Straw for flowers. Paint frame and string Antique Maroon. Base pink pot on shelf Melon; highlight center Warm White. Wash in shape of lower left domed cake dish Warm White; shade Winter Blue. Base green vase Plantation Pine; shade Black Green and highlight Warm White. Base sign on door Winter Blue; shade Williamsburg Blue. Use Warm White to paint "Come In" and to outline sign. Paint string Antique Maroon.
- 3. Stipple greenery in upstairs window Plantation Pine; stipple Black Green shading and Celery Green highlights. Dab flowers Melon; shade Tomato Red and highlight Antique Rose.
- 4. Note: Use same colors for all greenery and flowers unless otherwise indicated.
- Flower Shop
- 1. Use Celery Green to base door, window outer frames only, and sign; shade Plantation Pine and highlight Reindeer Moss Green. Use Black Green to line door hinges, handle, and wording on sign. Base curtains with very wash Bleached Sand; highlight Warm White along bottom edges. Use Warm White to outline and dab in curtain design.
Door & Window
- 2. Transfer window details. For left window, base shelves Bleached Sand and wash over with Melon; shade along bottom with very washy Burnt Umber and highlight along top with Warm White. Base top vase Bleached Sand; shade Melon and highlight Warm White. Base middle pots Warm White; shade Antique Maroon and highlight Warm White. Dab pink flowers with Melon and Tomato Red. Base bottom pot Traditional Burnt Sienna; shade Antique Maroon and highlight Melon. Stipple greenery in top vase and middle pot Celery Green, and stipple flowers in bottom pot Warm White.
- 3. For right window, base bird in cage Melon. Base cage Warm White; shade Melon. Base pot Melon; shade Tomato Red and highlight Warm White. Base vase Warm White; wash over with Celery Green and shade Plantation Pine. Dab flowers Melon and Antique Rose.
- 4. Base inside window frames Celery Green; shade Plantation Pine and highlight Reindeer Moss Green. For door, stipple wreath Plantation Pine; add stipples of Black Green and Celery Green. Use liner to dab in flowers of Melon, Tomato Red, and Warm White.
- 5. For stones, use side-load dirty brush technique to "fluff " in stone shapes with Neutral Grey, Mississippi Mud, and Charcoal Grey. Add additional darker Charcoal Grey shades. Dry brush Bleached Sand highlight in center of each stone.
- 6. Shade Charcoal Grey under roof and along top of sign. Highlight building edges Warm White. Base wood on either side of sign Bleached Sand and add Burnt Umber grain lines.
- Chocolate Shop
- 1. Use Winter Blue to base door, window frames, and shutters; shade Williamsburg Blue and deepen with Uniform Blue. Dry brush Blue Chiffon highlights. Use Uniform Blue to paint knob, hinges, and to outline. Base awning Bleached Sand. Base stripes and bottom fringe Williamsburg Blue; shade Uniform Blue and highlight Warm White. Paint "Chocolate" wording Warm White.
Baked Goods In Window
Flowers In Window
- 2. Paint top chocolate pedestal in window Warm White; paint chocolate Burnt Umber and strawberries Tomato Red. Base cake plate Melon; highlight Antique Rose. Paint cake Burnt Umber and add Tomato Red cherry on top. Base basket Honey Brown; shade Milk Chocolate and highlight Golden Straw. Base muffins Milk Chocolate and highlight Bleached Sand. Base green vase on right Reindeer Moss Green; shade Plantation Pine and highlight Warm White. Dab flowers Melon and Tomato Red. Base left vase Warm White and shade Williamsburg Blue. Add Burnt Umber chocolate covered pretzel sticks.
- 3. Base upstairs window flower pot Warm White; shade Williamsburg Blue. Base flowers Melon; shade Tomato Red and highlight Antique Rose.
- Planter Boxes
- 1. Base Bleached Sand and shade Mississippi Mud. Use Burnt Umber to deepen shading and to add wood grain lines.
- 1. Base pots Traditional Burnt Sienna; shade Antique Maroon and highlight Melon. Base stems Burnt Umber.
- Side Windows
- 1. Paint side windows on village piece to match their shop using same colors as front of shop. Add curtains across center of windows: wash Bleached Sand and highlight Warm White.
- 1. Lightly sponge Neutral Grey then Khaki Tan. Spatter Charcoal then Bleached Sand. Shade Charcoal on sidewalk across front of village. Dry brush Warm White highlights on sidewalk in front of each door and along top edges.
- 1. Shade Mississippi Mud around window and doors, under roofs and along sides of Antique and Chocolate Shops next to Flower Shop. Deepen with very washy Burnt Umber. Dry brush Khaki Tan highlights on roofs.
- 2. Apply several varnish coats. Assemble village and replace clock.