- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Bleached Sand, Burnt Umber, Cocoa, Cool White, Sand, Slate Grey, Ultramarine Blue
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel: Filbert Stencil Brush, Series R1114, X-Large; Majestic: Filbert, Series R4170, #4; Aqualon: Liner, Series R2595, #1; Royal Fusion: Shader, Series R3150, #4, #8, #12
- Exterior Varnish
- Four-season wreath with sailboat insert from Patricia Rawlinson
- Clapham’s Beeswax Salad Bowl Finish
Pattern - Summer Wreath
- 1. Base entire wreath with mix of Cool White + tch. of Ultramarine Blue + tch. of Slate Grey. Slip-slap Cool White through center. Print out pattern; transfer basic details onto wreath.
- All Shells
- 1. Base Bleached Sand; shade edges with Sand and deepen with Cocoa.
- Sand Dollars
- 1. Dry rub Cool White in center area. Dry rub Cocoa around detailing. Use thinned Slate Grey to add dashed detailing lines.
- 1. Dry rub Cool White in center area. Dry rub Cocoa to form center star shape.
- Flat Scallop Shells
- 1. Dry rub Cool White in center bottom area. Use Cocoa to shade along left side of scallop edges. Add thinned Cocoa detailing.
- 1. Use base color of wreath to paint area below sails and above hull. Base sails Cool White; shade edges with Sand and repeat with Cocoa. Use Cocoa to base mast and hull; shade Burnt Umber and use equal mix of Sand + Cocoa to dry brush highlight. Add more blue to base mix to paint stripe.
- 1. Shade Slate Grey under shells. Use darker base mix of wreath to wash lettering. Add more blue to base mix to shade wreath edges and to spatter wreath avoiding shells. Spatter again with Cool White.
- 2. Apply several varnish coats. Let dry thoroughly. Follow manufacturer's directions to apply several varnish coats. (Note: Reapply varnish seasonally as needed to safe-guard against weather.) Attach sailboat to bottom of wreath. Use cording to hang wreath.