Pattern - Step into Christmas
- 1. Lightly sand Balsa sheets; wipe dust. Apply sealer. Let dry and resand if needed. Use sponge roller to paint sheets Holly Green. Lightly spatter Snow White.
- 2. Print out patterns. Use ruler to measure to middle of surface; position patterns and transfer basic details.
- Pine Boughs
- 1. Use liner and Hauser Dk. Green to pull center line. Use liner or filbert wisp to pull pine needles from center lines in Hauser Med. Green, Hauser Lt. Green, Hauser Dk. Green, and Black Green; repeat as needed for amount of needles desired. Load #12 shader with Snow White; use chisel edge to randomly stroke "snow" on pine needles.
- "Merry Christmas" Letters
- 1. Refer to painting chart. Base all letters Snow White. Transfer stripes. Use #8 shader and Santa Red to pull red stripes; use liner to add Bright Green stripes between. Use #12 shader to shade Midnite Blue along each edge of "candy cane" letters; shade where one candy cane lies over another. Use liner to add a Snow White highlight line slightly off center down each candy cane.
- 1. Use filbert to base face Snow White. Use #8 shader to base hat Lamp Black. Use #2 shader to paint hat band Snow White; add Santa Red checks. Use Payne's Grey to shade face under hat and along right side of face. Use Lamp Black to paint eyes, dot mouth, and to add ornament loop and hook. Base nose Tangerine. Highlight dot eyes and mouth Snow White.
- 1. Base Golden Straw; shade Raw Sienna along right side and highlight Marigold along left side. Use liner to paint ribbon Santa Red. Paint hook Lamp Black.
- 1. Base leaves Hauser Med. Green; use liner to add Hauser Dk. Green vein lines and tendrils. Use Hauser Dk. Green to shade along right side of each leaf and along center vein line on lower half of each leaf. Highlight Hauser Lt. Green along left side of leaves and use liner to lightly outline lighter side of each leaf.
- 2. Base berries Santa Red. Use mix of Payne's Grey + tch. of Lamp Black to shade right side of each berry; highlight left side Brilliant Red. Add Snow White highlight dots.
- 1. (If you would like to add more "snow", cover those areas of design that you do not wish to spatter, then spatter again with Snow White.)
- 2. Apply several varnish coats making sure to varnish edges and back of surfaces.