Pattern - Paint Paddle Flag
- 1. Cut handles from seven paddles, so each paddle measures 12" long; cut one end into point. Sand and wipe dust with soft cloth. Cut 9" lengths from remaining uncut paddles; drill hole 1/2" from one end of each. Lightly sand; wipe dust.
- 2. Arrange 12" paddles into flag with points facing left and straight ends aligned. Perpendicular to paddles, place 9" paddles on top and 1-1/2" in from each side, with holes overlapping top edge of flag 3/4" (for hangers). Adhere in place. Place heavy books over paddles to secure while drying.
- 3. Basecoat front and back of flag Spice Brown. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply crackle medium to front.
- 4. Trace 3-1/2"x6" rectangle in upper left corner; paint rectangle and hanger Midnight Blue. Let dry completely. Paint remaining paddles alternating Barn Red and Trail Tan, and remaining hanger Barn Red.
- 5. Print and cut out pattern. Cut seven stars from rusted tin sheet. Adhere to flag as shown.
- 6. Wrap 28" wire length around upper left edge of flag as desired; curl ends. Attach remaining length around bottom right corner in same way.
- 7. For hanger, insert ends of jute length through holes from back to front. Knot and trim.
- 1. Make a larger version from fence pickets or a smaller version from craft sticks.