- DecoArt: SoSoft Fabric Acrylics: Antique Gold, Avocado Green, Baby Blue Deep, Baby Pink Deep, Burnt Sienna, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Yellow, Crimson, Dark Chocolate, Dark Rose, Hauser Dark Green, Hauser Light Green, Lavender, Soft Red, Terra Cotta, True Blue, White, Wine; SoSoft Shimmering Pearls: Magenta Pearl
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Shader, #4, #10, #14; Script Liner, #20/0, #10/0, #1; Chisel Blender, #8; Deerfoot, 1/4”; Round, #4; Filbert, #12; Decorator Collection: Round Dry Brush, Series 100, #6
- Smooth cardboard
- Stained article of clothing (shirt, t-shirt, pants, etc.)
Pattern - Paint-a-fix
- 1. Wash clothing and dry; do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets. Press with iron if needed. Cut cardboard to fit inside clothing and wrap cardboard with plastic wrap; place prepared cardboard behind area to be painted and secure in place.
- 2. Print out patterns. Transfer basic details using large stylus or ball point pen. (Note: If clothing item is textured, transfer design in short jaunts. It is suggested to trace patterns onto mylar or transparency sheets to avoid poking holes through transfer paper while transferring patterns.)
- Artist's Tips
- 1. Use #10 or #14 shader to do most floating. All dry brushing is done using chisel blender. All line work is done using liners; fully load liner, then blot tip on paper towel to "sharpen" point.
- Painting Instructions
- 1. Refer to painting chart. (Note: For alternative apparel colors, artist has offered variations in leaf and flower colors. Instructions given are for those of photographed shirt.)
- 1. Use Avocado Green to base all leaves and stems; dry brush highlights with brush mix of Hauser Lt. Green and White. Float Hauser Dk. Green along base and edges; use liner to add veins and to paint tendrils.
- 2. Variation 1: Base leaves Hauser Lt. Green; shade Avocado Green and dry brush White highlights. Add veins and outline with Hauser Dk. Green.
- 3. Variation 2: Base leaves Avocado Green; shade Hauser Dark Green and dry brush Hauser Lt. Green highlights. Add veins and outline with Hauser Lt. Green.
- White Daisy
- 1. Use #4 round to stroke petals White, pulling from outside in. Softly shade True Blue or Baby Blue Deep around base of petals. Stipple flower center Cadmium Yellow; float Burnt Sienna along base. Stipple highlight along top edge with brush mix of White and Cadmium Yellow. Add White dots at top and add Dk. Chocolate and Terra Cotta dots along bottom of flower center. Use tip of liner and Magenta Pearl to scatter berry dots throughout design.
- 2. Variation 1: Pink Daisy: Paint flower in same manner substituting White with Baby Pink Deep; shade Soft Red around base of petals and highlight tips White. Paint flower center in same manner as above.
- 3. Variation 2: Yellow Daisy: Paint flower in same manner as White Daisy substituting White with Antique Gold; shade Burnt Sienna around base of petals and highlight tips White. Stipple flower center Terra Cotta; float Dk. Chocolate along base. Stipple highlight along top edge with brush mix of Cadmium Yellow and Antique Gold. Add White dots at top and Wine dots along bottom of flower center.
- Rose Buds
- 1. Use any of the following color combinations: Soft Red and Crimson, Cadmium Yellow and Cadmium Orange, Dark Rose and White, or Lavender and White. Load #12 filbert with lightest of the two colors (e.g.: for dark pink rosebud on shirt, load Soft Red). Dip tip of filbert into second color. Press down and use whole width of brush; twist upwards while releasing pressure on brush coming to a fine point. A second layer may be added to fill in bud area; streaks are welcomed. Let dry.
- 2. For calyx, load round brush in lightest color green and dip tip in Hauser Dk. Green; stroke to fill pressing at base of bud and releasing pressure as you go up, coming to a fine point. Repeat same for remaining two buds. Paint tiny leaves and stems using same colors.
- 1. Let dry 24 hours before wearing. Follow manufacturer's directions to cure and launder.
- 1. For a little extra "bling", adhere mini-rhinestones over berries. For a matching ensemble, add design to a coordinating apparel wear.